Twister f4 560

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dylan27

CarAudio.com Newbie
Malta
I recently got a twister f4 560 4 channel amp and a kenwood 4ohms 500rms sub.I was wondering if the amp is enough to power it if so how can the wiring be done .Also if someone knows where to find the amp instruction manual it would be appreciated.Thanks

Attachments

• 20240517_190901.jpg
    20240517_190901.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240518_170822.jpg
    20240518_170822.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 4
That is a four channel class A/B amplifier that if bridged to 2 channels it puts out approximately 330 watts x 2. The problem is that your sub is a single voice coil. That amp is really not designed to be used in this application, more four all for corners of a car where is puts out 4x100 at four ohms and 4 x 160 at 2 ohms. I would get a different amplifier. That brings up a whole other problem. That sub is rated at 4 ohms which means that you need a 2000 watt amplifier that can put out 500 watts at a 4 ohm load. That amp that sub are not a match at all. These amplifiers may be your ticket.

1000 watts at 4 ohms ( just set the gains conservatively)

650 watts at 4 ohms

Excellent option and about 1000 watts at 4 ohms

- OR -

use the amp you have and get a different sub

That is a four channel class A/B amplifier that if bridged to 2 channels it puts out approximately 330 watts x 2. The problem is that your sub is a single voice coil. That amp is really not designed to be used in this application, more four all for corners of a car where is puts out 4x100 at four ohms and 4 x 160 at 2 ohms. I would get a different amplifier. That brings up a whole other problem. That sub is rated at 4 ohms which means that you need a 2000 watt amplifier that can put out 500 watts at a 4 ohm load. That amp that sub are not a match at all. These amplifiers may be your ticket.

1000 watts at 4 ohms ( just set the gains conservatively)

650 watts at 4 ohms

Excellent option and about 1000 watts at 4 ohms

- OR -

use the amp you have and get a different sub

Thanks so the amp is more of a speaker amp in this situation

Thanks so the amp is more of a speaker amp in this situation
Generally speaker-ing, when mixing types, your A/B amps are used for mains. Class D is much more efficient. Since you are starting off with a 4 ohm sub and a single voice coil, not really a compatible mix with what you have.

330 watts x2 would have been fine with a dual vc sub, not the case here. Anyone of the class D amps listed should push it just fine. If at some point you want to up your subwoofer game, then you have additional power at lower impedances as all those amps will output the most at 1 ohm.

Generally speaker-ing, when mixing types, your A/B amps are used for mains. Class D is much more efficient. Since you are starting off with a 4 ohm sub and a single voice coil, not really a compatible mix with what you have.

330 watts x2 would have been fine with a dual vc sub, not the case here. Anyone of the class D amps listed should push it just fine. If at some point you want to up your subwoofer game, then you have additional power at lower impedances as all those amps will output the most at 1 ohm.
That amp was previously used for mid ranges.Thats why i asked.Thanks for the help

Since you are starting off with a 4 ohm sub and a single voice coil, not really a compatible mix with what you have.

amp was previously used for mid ranges.Thats why i asked.Thanks for the help
Actually the sub and amp are compatible. It says the channels are 2 Ohms capable, so the bridged channels are 4 Ohms. Bridge the rears to the Sub and use the fronts for full range.

Actually the sub and amp are compatible. It says the channels are 2 Ohms capable, so the bridged channels are 4 Ohms. Bridge the rears to the Sub and use the fronts for full range.
So basically i set it up as a 2 full ranges and sub.Wire the top 2 channels for full ranges and bridge the bottom 2 to get the (2x440w at 4ohms) combined.Is that so?
(Sorry relatively new to this)

Sorry, was not aware that a pair of full range speakers was in the plan so yes, you can use it for a pair of full range speakers and a sub, that would work just fine..

If you are using it with a pair if regular speakers, AND a sub, then you would end up with 133 x 2 to a pair of 4 ohm full range speakers and approximately 450 watts bridged to the subwoofer.

That would work.

Last edited:
Thanks for the manual and help, I'll check what the type of speakers are already in the car as they're aftermarket but powered from the head unit if not full ranges I'll use the amp to power the sub for now

Thats a very nice amp. Deff run it in 3 ch mode. I have been doing that for years.. even Mixed /Mono mode
Thanks it was my dad's who recently passed away thought I'd do something which he liked 🙂 Im thinking ill run it as a mono to the sub only but I'd definitely think about the 3 channel configuration
This is the 3 ch mode wiring diagram which i found on the user manual would appreciate it if someone can elaborate it a bit more

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240520_000638_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20240520_000638_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 2
Your going to have to read it a bit, looks like there are input options for stereo /mono too. I would think that in mono mode, it sums the two RCA inputs.

That picture you posted illustrates a tri-mode operation, not what you are going to be doing. Wire up the full range speakers to the 1-4 L/R channels as indicated in the manual and then for numbers 5-6, wire it to the sub like this. Subs + to the number 5 L+ and subs - the number 8 R-

1716159391521.png

This is the 3 ch mode wiring diagram which i found on the user manual would appreciate it if someone can elaborate it a bit more
This is a feature that uses passive crossover components. On the full ranges you use bass blocking capacitors, and high frequency blocking inductor coils on the sub. It is just like using 2 or 3 way components with a passive crossover network.
You still have to follow the Ohms specifications. 2 Ohms lowest per full range and 4 Ohms for a bridged sub.
Screenshot_20240519-213954.png
Screenshot_20240519-213549.png

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...