Trying to get more bass out of my system at low volume levels

Participant count
  • Participant list

igorbmwx5

My setup is as follows: BMW CIC head unit, mObridge digital/analog DA2 converter, Audison Bit One processor, McIntosh 420 Power Amp, McIntosh 440 Power Amp, 2X EARTHQUAKE SOUND SWS-8X woofers, Hertz EM-100 Mid-ranges and Hertz HT-25 tweeters.

Problem that I am having is that I am not getting enough bass at low volume levels. As I turn the volume level up, all if fine, i hear plenty of bass and crystal clear sound, which I am very happy with. Is there a way to adjust bass level to be higher at lower volume levels and lesser and higher? Maybe I need to make some adjustments to the Audison Bit One processor that I am not aware of? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ...

If I remember correctly higher end alpine decks actually have a feature to correct the exact problem you're having.

Thank you for the suggestion re: higher end Alpine decks; however, I am trying to see if I can get this accomplished with what I already have, not having to introduce any more components into the system (if that is even possible)

MX feature?
Also, over set the gains on the subs and just don't ever turn it up as high.
No, not that. I'm pretty sure I saw it on an Alpine headunit. it said that the HU boosted bass at lower volume levels to match the mids/highs.

No, not that. I'm pretty sure I saw it on an Alpine headunit. it said that the HU boosted bass at lower volume levels to match the mids/highs.
That could full and well be true, I've noticed a sharper slope on my Pioneers.

LC-1 seems like a good manual adjustments solution, I was hoping to find an automatic (permanent) solution, where I would not have to manually adjust it for low and high volume levels.

Actually, loudness would enhance bass at both low and high volume levels. In my case, I am only looking to increase bass at low volume levels. At high levels it is perfect. None of the frequency adjustments on the head unit are working anymore. It is a very complicated head unit (BMW CIC Navigation), which uses fiber optics network to transmit digital signal (not analog copper wires, like what you are probably thinking of).

Actually, loudness would enhance bass at both low and high volume levels. In my case, I am only looking to increase bass at low volume levels. At high levels it is perfect. None of the frequency adjustments on the head unit are working anymore. It is a very complicated head unit (BMW CIC Navigation), which uses fiber optics network to transmit digital signal (not analog copper wires, like what you are probably thinking of).
It was implied to turn the loudness off as you turned up the volume

In my setup (BMW digital sound transmission through fiber-optic network), loudness does not work at all. I am only able to adjust sound on Audison BitOne processor. If someone is familiar with this digital processor, please reply with a possible solution to this issue. thank you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.