Truck Box Need Help

sean2JL12s
10+ year member

loves blow.......through
I AM BUILDING A passthrough in my truck (I HAVE THE BOOT AND A WELDER AND EVERYTHING I NEED TO DO THE JOB CORRECTLY. my question is HOW BIG DO I MAKE THE HOLE....i am going to build a enclosure around my sub box to seal the subs from the outside elements .so how big should my hole be. ihave 2jl w3v2s in a ported box please help

what about a hole a couple of inches larger than the port on my box i think it could work because the box is going to sit about 10 inches away from the hole in the bed and yes it will be sealed from the airspace in the bed let me know what you think

you also will probably want to deaden the crap out of the box of the truck. unless you seal the subs off from the rear. tonneau cover or topper?

yes two w3s i love me some jl i do have a tonenu cover on bed it is fiberglass one but i still plan on sealing the box from the bed and vent into cab after all it"s only getting 500 watts. im not running 4 12 with 4 1000 watt amps it's just 2 12s with a 500/1i was going for a space saver so people can sit in the truck because right now it's only a 3 seater and it can fit six people so you say the same size as the box but am i wrong or dosen't all of the air flow come from the port in a ported box

why not design a downfired, false floor design. or get you an 8w7 in a small ported box. cutting a blowthrough for your system doesn't make much sense to me. many other options, especially if you aren't competing.

i may be changing my set up i want four 12s that can handel 1000 watts each any ideas i will be running a pair of hifonics collsass spelling ***** sorry and i have my diminsion for blow through

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.