Troubleshooting Speaker on the Driver Side?

Participant count
  • Participant list

legaspi89
10+ year member

Chino CA
I am running Alpine PDX 4 channel Amp to the Alpine SPR 60c speakers. My system has been running good with no problems for a long time. All of a sudden, the speaker (only on the driver side) goes out along with the tweeter. So I removed the door panel and disconnected the wires then connected them back on and it started working. However about 2 weeks later, the same speaker went out again. I should mention the speaker just goes out suddenly. It doesn't phase in and out like if there's a short or something. So far I have tested the speaker with a multimeter and the speaker is good. What else can the problem be?

Check and rewire/refresh the speaker wire connection at the amp.Id do the same thing at the crossover for the components.Id look there first/try that first

But....I don't see the point of re-wiring if that particular wire is ok. I mean if you have cuts, burn marks, just plain warn out or even corrosion then yeah replace it. Just making more work for yourself I would think troubleshooting a speaker or two when it sounds like the connections are just needing retighten.

Ok. Thanks. Well, it does stop suddenly producing sound, the speaker and tweeter. What I can do first is take out and inspect the crossover and even test it with a multimeter. Right now it is working fine, the speaker connections seem to be well connected, so I'm hoping i get lucky and it doesn't go out again. Will see.

Okay, so if I turn off the crossover on my Amp, does that mean I'm bypassing the Passive Crossovers of my Alpine Components? If so, the speaker and tweeter still produce no sound on the driver side which means it can't be the crossover causing the problem.

What HU do you have?Im thinking you can do a couple RCA swapps to check a couple things out if you DO NOT HAVE A PIONEER HU.If so you can still do as long as you turn the power off when swaping

Problem is fixed... It was the door window that would disconnect all the wires off the speaker when I would lower down the window. I was able to place the wires away the from the window and now everything is good. Thank God it was something small and nothing major. Ain't nothing like hearing the two speakers working at their best compared to feeling miserable listening to One only functioning. Thanks for the replies once again...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.