To spray, or not to spray

Spray it and have fun. I've run that **** on most cars I've owned and NEVER had a problem. Just don't go crazy HP wise and you'll be fine. 75-100 should be about right and add plenty of torque to get that big car moving. How is the tranny in that car?

Spray it and have fun. I've run that **** on most cars I've owned and NEVER had a problem. Just don't go crazy HP wise and you'll be fine. 75-100 should be about right and add plenty of torque to get that big car moving. How is the tranny in that car?
I have a few budies that own a shop, that can tune my engine more for better results out of the spray. as for my tranny, it runs great. The car runs flawless.

Why is that? My engine can be tuned, on a side note, its the same motor as the mustang gt...
Technically he's right. Sure you can make the crown vic a quicker car, but its gonna take alot of money. But it will be a fun car to **** around with people with the nitrous.

I say do it. If you want to spend the money on that nitrous is the cheapest way to get ponies that I found that is out there, from my research when I had my Vic. Look out though, there are several weak points on Vic's specifically that you should look out for:

The rear full floating rear C-Clips will come undone with high torque loads of 450-500ft lbs... and you end up with your axles coming out the side of your car.

The crankshafts and bottom ends of the motors tend to be a weak point when you start slapping on ponies... Be warned that they are known to break.

If I still had my Crown Vic, I'd add Nitrous and some higher gears. I think the Vics have really low ratio rear ends like 3.11 and a switch to a 3.73 or a 4.11 or whatever will help get the car moving off the line. A limited slip rear end would also be a great way to help in the snow and for traction at the stoplights. I know nothing about nitrous but I am sure it will help and hell if I had the money and my Vic still I'd be putting that bish on there.

the 4.6L cant handle spray very good, they have a plastic intake, spray and plastic=BAD
yes they do crack and depending on the year there is a TSB out. my uncle has one and his broke and ford replaced it paid for his hotel and food. he know has a aluminum intake.

yes they do crack and depending on the year there is a TSB out. my uncle has one and his broke and ford replaced it paid for his hotel and food. he know has a aluminum intake.
aluminum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif The crossover is what cracks on the plastic intake manifolds. Ford gives you another plastic IM, but it has an aluminum crossover to stop it from cracking again.

the 4.6L cant handle spray very good, they have a plastic intake, spray and plastic=BAD
My intake is plastic and I'm spraying 150-175 shot. Look at all the motors that use plastic intakes and people spray and boost on them. Plastic is fine.

I say go for it, but be safe... window switch, fuel cut off, etc.

I don't know mang. I mean I see you want to save money, but I would save and maybe hit up a supercharger for it.

I had a garrets on my Thunderbird and with other mods to it and was doing 12's with it. Right around 3k though, so I understand wanting to do it cheap, but your ride is all stock? I wouldn't do it, but then again i think there was some kid with a Saturn on stock with spray, lol!

Nah, Will do later, right now im more focused on speed.
Wrong car homie.

It does not matter if the intake is plastic. The intake will go or you may blow the heads right off the block. If a motor is not made / set up for spray, do not do it. We build motors for spray, and lots of it. Those 50 shot kits are useless and can only lead to trouble.
50 shots can wake up a car quite a bit. I don't know where you work, but saying a 50 shot is a waste, is an uninformed statement. On a ****ing Vic it won't do ****, but strap a 50 shot in a civic and tell me it doesn't make a difference. The kind of car I have is known to reliably take a 100 shot, with no tuning, and last tens of thousands of miles that way, if not hundreds of thousands, with regular use of the spray. If you've got the fuel for it, and the proper plugs, you should be ok with a small shot. Most cars can't take a 100 shot with no tuning, but I don't see a 50 or 75 shot giving you any trouble, if you treat it right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.