To port or not to port?

mexburito
10+ year member

Amarillo
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif I just had a 13W7 installed in a sealed Prowedge enclosure and my install guy recommended me buy a ported enclosure that it would make a world of difference. He said that it would be a whole lot louder. Is it true? What would be the difference as far as in sound if I were to change over. Thanks

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif I just had a 13W7 installed in a sealed Prowedge enclosure and my install guy recommended me buy a ported enclosure that it would make a world of difference. He said that it would be a whole lot louder. Is it true? What would be the difference as far as in sound if I were to change over. Thanks
build your own...

3 CF

28-30 hz

with about 2-2 1/2 inch wide port, otherwise there tends to be chuffing on W7s

shoulda got a W6 better sq and they take way more power but yeah W7 is horrible sealed i wouldnt tune that low but its upto what you like i prefer 35-38 for daily stuff.
what the F are you smoking?? nothing in your post was even close to correct.. put the crack pipe down , then try again...

their was a thread about it on here and at roe they cooked a w7 in a spec jl box then swapped for the w6.

as far as being correct or not thats your opinion ... so keep your opinion i prefer mine. i have heard and seen them side by side 100's of times. 12w7 are no where near as good on sq as a 12w6

their was a thread about it on here and at roe they cooked a w7 in a spec jl box then swapped for the w6.as far as being correct or not thats your opinion ... so keep your opinion i prefer mine. i have heard and seen them side by side 100's of times. 12w7 are no where near as good on sq as a 12w6
They are louder, i would only run a w7 sealed. thats just me though

their was a thread about it on here and at roe they cooked a w7 in a spec jl box then swapped for the w6.as far as being correct or not thats your opinion ... so keep your opinion i prefer mine. i have heard and seen them side by side 100's of times. 12w7 are no where near as good on sq as a 12w6
lol, ok dude.. Ive sold them for years and have ran both in multiple cars as well.. w7 not good sealed? false.. extremely fale.. W6 can take more power?? lolol very very false.. Ran a 12 w7 all day long in a demo vehicle running off a Lanzar opti6000, Both holding 2800 rms for about 4 hrs straight... Until you OWN them dont make opinions on a sub you have never designed an enclosure around.. You sound Ignorant .. I go to BB all the time and I hear the garbage they sell, but that doesnt make me an expert on rockford subs..

Your opinions are yours as well. False , but yours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I've noticed with a closed box (Not ported) the bass is more clearer but not louder. With a ported box it is louder. Make sure you insulate the box if you do decide to build one, it usually sounds better.

shoulda got a W6 better sq and they take way more power but yeah W7 is horrible sealed i wouldnt tune that low but its upto what you like i prefer 35-38 for daily stuff.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imwithstupid.gif.ff72b14418b3c35ebdf1ccd38da21695.gif the W6 is a better sounding sub (IMO), but everything else he sputters is absolute:bsflag:

OP: Sure you'll get some more output ported, but that sub sounds MUCH better sealed (IMO). Are you not satisfied with the output?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.