To MTX 9500 sub owners

What was so wrong about what I said. How many subs do you know you can mount like a component speaker. They would sound like ****.
Go look at Image Dynamics.

I've also run Arc Audio subs IB with success.

Does Image Dynamics have any subs that hit hard but sound good. I don't want any subs that only pound well at around 60hz. I want to be able to hit low and high when needed. I also want to be able to compete to once in a great while at a small event. Abviously, I would do poor at a event IASCA puts together but car shows and **** like that would be fun.

Does Image Dynamics have any subs that hit hard but sound good. I don't want any subs that only pound well at around 60hz. I want to be able to hit low and high when needed. I also want to be able to compete to once in a great while at a small event. Abviously, I would do poor at a event IASCA puts together but car shows and **** like that would be fun.
Both ID and Arc are more... sound quality, oriented.

However, ID has the IDMax, and Arc has the FlatLine.

Both are very impressive.

I looked at the Image Dynamics IDMAX12CRD2. Have you ever ran this sub? Would I be able to Power each with 1500 RMS. It sounds like a bad ass sub with 3.7 peak to peak excursion. That should push alot of air for SPL. They also say it is able to hit all the high and lows of a SQ sub is that true.

I looked at the Image Dynamics IDMAX12CRD2. Have you ever ran this sub? Would I be able to Power each with 1500 RMS. It sounds like a bad ass sub with 3.7 peak to peak excursion. That should push alot of air for SPL. They also say it is able to hit all the high and lows of a SQ sub is that true.

I've used both the IDMax and Flatline. I was happier with the flatline, to be honest... but both drivers are outstanding.

And if the signal is clean, then yes, you should have no problem feeding them 1500. But that is clearly relative to abuse...

I would throw 2400 at a pair of Flatlines, and I was always happy.

Have you the Arc Audio FL12D4 Sub. That soulds that it would be a good sub but I don't know about a really stiff cone being able to hit a variety of frequencies. Let me know how this one sounds and if it can again handle the power.

Have you the Arc Audio FL12D4 Sub. That soulds that it would be a good sub but I don't know about a really stiff cone being able to hit a variety of frequencies. Let me know how this one sounds and if it can again handle the power.
Read the post above this.

I've used both the IDMax and Flatline. I was happier with the flatline, to be honest... but both drivers are outstanding.
And if the signal is clean, then yes, you should have no problem feeding them 1500. But that is clearly relative to abuse...

I would throw 2400 at a pair of Flatlines, and I was always happy.
I don't see the flat lines on their web site. Did they discontinue those subs. Have Heard those JBL GTi's before.

An empty trunk.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Haven't had time to do any audio in the maxima.
Arc Audio must be good if FOOSE recomends them. I take it you have never heard the JBL GTi.

I've heard the GTI's, here's where I'm at in regards to your posting

In regards to box making, cant help you - outta my control on that I'm ignorant after an extent.

GTI is a great sub, will handle a solid 1200-1400 daily, but once again if you beat on them, then no telling how long they'll last. They get pretty loud, but they are SQ oriented.

9500 doenst sound horrible, but far from SQ in my eyes. Will it handle 3500 daily on a pair? For a while, yes, but how hard are you beating on these subs, honestly? Seems like pretty hard.

Instead of buying subs rated for 750-1000 rms and feeding them near double that, why dont you consider something that sounds good and is made for something like that?

RD Audio Alpha is what's been in my MazdaSpeed3 until I sold it, I love it. On 1000 watts it was loud, on 2000 it was stupid. Sounded great as well

Havn't heard the Flatline(although I'd love to) and the only IDMaxx I have heard was sealed, so that's not much. Clean sub though, I will say that

But honestly, consider something with stronger power handling. Its evident you want SQL and that limites your choices, severely, considering you want to send 1750ish per sub in a daily setup, most subs of that caliber are very SPL oriented.

HDC's will handle it all day - will they sound as good as you want? Probably not Same with the BTL's and the MT's

Somethin else to consider possibly is a BL? It's not rated for quite that much(going against everything I just said) but every comment I've read about it has been "feed her more power"

Anywho, hope it's somewhat helpful, best of luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.