To fuse or not to fuse

We ate talking about adding big three to stock wires. To remove stock wires or keep them but I will be keeping them

If your battery wire passes through the cabin of the car/truck, you want to fuse it. If the battery is in the rear, you'll want to fuse it near the battery. If the car is off, the ALT makes no power (its not turning), yet the battery is holding power. You can fuse both ends to cover all aspects if you'd like. I suppose in an accident the car could maintain idle and the ALT would still generate power.

Im about to use a 250a fuse, just what I had laying around. 300a should be fine. I see some people don't even fuse the battery to alternator wire, better safe than sorry. Always leave stock wiring incase your fuse blows.

Im about to use a 250a fuse, just what I had laying around. 300a should be fine. I see some people don't even fuse the battery to alternator wire, better safe than sorry. Always leave stock wiring incase your fuse blows.
will be leaving stock wiring but my batt is in the trunk that's why it is being fused

But that's 2 gauge, so that's probably appropriate for OFC 2 gauge. Under fusing isn't a problem. That just means you need to get a new fuse if you blow it. Over-fusing is when you risk your safety.
Thing is though is this 2ga is pure copper 2ga thats the size of ofc 1/0ga. It was from a fork lift battery terminal connection LOL long story of how I got it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.