Thoughts on Subaru WRX

Money on the line? You ready?

Rims2.jpg

Money on the line? You ready?
Rims2.jpg
no, i'm talking about your audi vs my tahoe. that was the comparison you made with the wrx vs. the camaro. get the wrx off of its intended grounds. come on, i have a tranny cooler too.

lo0l 9 miles to the gallon FTL

Who cares? That's what the Audi A4 project car is for if you haven't read about that. And actually it gets 11 mpg around the city and about 16 on the highway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

no, i'm talking about your audi vs my tahoe. that was the comparison you made with the wrx vs. the camaro. get the wrx off of its intended grounds. come on, i have a tranny cooler too.

lol. Your trying to compare a small car to a v8 suv. I was comparing a fast car, to a fast car? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

lol. Your trying to compare a small car to a v8 suv. I was comparing a fast car, to a fast car? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
but they both have v8's.

you're comparing a vehicle thats meant for road courses and dirt tracks to a car that was meant to go in a straight line and not do much more. of course its going to win on a drag strip... that proves absolutely nothing.

ok....

Ricer Burner = Car from the land how rice

However, in todays day and age most people refer to a ricer as some douche bag with the APC Catologue on there car.

STis trannyis fine, its the regular wrx that has problems

That was fixed in 05

06 and up Drive by wire Blows on the automatic

The STi is plenty fast

and the Wrx is geared twords rally racing wheras the Sti, is just a monster...

Hence the tranny problems people encounters trying to run a rally car on the streets...

Thats easily fixable before something goes wrong..

ok....

Ricer Burner = Car from the land how rice

However, in todays day and age most people refer to a ricer as some douche bag with the APC Catologue on there car.

STis trannyis fine, its the regular wrx that has problems

That was fixed in 05

06 and up Drive by wire Blows on the automatic

The STi is plenty fast

and the Wrx is geared twords rally racing wheras the Sti, is just a monster...

Hence the tranny problems people encounters trying to run a rally car on the streets...

Thats easily fixable before something goes wrong..

im from a little town in alaska called Naknek. Pretty much, there is just a bunch of crappy weather off the bering sea, and in the winter we are talking around -70 degrees for week long stretches, tons of ice, and really really dry weather in the summer. Long story short, lotta people choose subaru over 4x4 trucks or other stereotyped "rugged" vehicles. Subaru's are solid, and look nifty too!

Opinions vary gentlemen. What one defines as rice is apparently different from another, so let it go. And as an overall generalization, comparing a new(ish) vehicle to a budget buy in performance for value categories is ridiculous. Obviously, there are some crazy fast race cars that can be had for say $20k and then you look at a brand new car line up and of course nothing will touch it. Cars should only be directly compared on a bang for the buck basis if they are of similar model year and category and preferably in the same cost bracket to begin with. That's really it, bottom line. People want different things, thats why some buy new and some buy used.

Yes, will this fucktard is simply discounting vehicles because they're made in japan. Calling it a fad. But what does he drive? A ricer. And while he may be a moron, that doesn't mean that the other majority of Americans is. This is coming from the same guy who thinks an STi is slow. A complete moron.

I have to agree with this guy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif Don't get me wrong, for 4 cylinders, and the looks sti's are badass cars. But hell.

I found a 95 Z28 for sale for 1k with minor body damage (front bumper), cold air intake, and cut outs.

Hell go spend 30,000.00+ on a brand new sti, and I'll get the z28 for 1k, and put 1k in it, and we will line them up, and race for 5 grand right now as we speak. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif
yeah, thats what im saying. if im gonna go drop some $ on a fast car, its gonne be domestic

Yes, will this fucktard is simply discounting vehicles because they're made in japan. Calling it a fad. But what does he drive? A ricer. And while he may be a moron, that doesn't mean that the other majority of Americans is. This is coming from the same guy who thinks an STi is slow. A complete moron.
im the moron? you obviously need to go back to preschool and learn how to read. i NEVER said imports ****, i drive one. i like it. and i NEVER said i dislike WRX's, in fact i said i like my friends wrx. i just think the STi is overrated. i also NEVER said the Sti was slow, just OVERRATED. and yes, this whole rice/rally thing is a fad, just like the civic. you dont see a million civics on the road hooked up that much anymore do u? make sure you got your **** straight b4 you open your mouth preston.

If I'm not mistaken the STI for the past two years is the fastest quarter mile off-the-lot car you can buy for under $30k.

I'd still prefer the evo, it's just so much more .. technical.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.