the woodies

How do you know it's 8? I thought it varies with frequency changes. This is why a zobel network is usually added to stabilize rising impedance with increasing frequency.

Yo Jason, u and Noah get in the PE photo album this year?
No, the photo lady no longer works there... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Asked a few people if they were taking pics, they gave me the run around.

nG

How do you know it's 8? I thought it varies with frequency changes. This is why a zobel network is usually added to stabilize rising impedance with increasing frequency.
You're over-complicating the matter.

The OP wanted to know what the final nominal impedance for each speaker is going to be. The nominal impedance for those speakers would be 8ohm.

A zobel network isn't going to change that, and the frequency/impedance relationship is largely irrelevant to the question asked. Zobels may flatten impedance peaks/rise....but it's not going to lower the nominal impedance.

but it's not going to lower the nominal impedance.
Never said that it did. I just said it will stabilize (meaning flatten) the rise.

Also, doesn't it somewhat depend on the x-over design as far as what the receiver will see? Or is it the speakers involved? I thought it had to deal with both.

This has nothing to do with zobel networks.

This has nothing to do with zobel networks
I thought zobel networks made it more "receiver friendly" by making it a constant resistance network. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that pertains to his question somewhat since he asked at what impedance (about) should the receiver be.

The main point behind a zobel is to make the driver's reactance more crossover-friendly. As impedance shifts, so does the performance of the crossover. By "compensating" for the variations in impedance, the crossovers performance is less effected by the shifting impedance of the driver theoretically resulting in a better performing speaker system.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Squeak always gets here before me.

squeak, how the hell do you know so ******* much? are you a nerd or something who just researches this **** cuz you have a fetish for electrical components, or are you like 80 with a lot of experience? lol

Squeak is one of the smartest mother****ers I've seen on this forum. He has taught me a lot of **** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

97gp

5,000+ posts
Banned
97gp
ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date