The deltasaurus plan...

Participant count
  • Participant list

spokey9
5,000+ posts

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
NE AR
So this is what my plans are for my '85 delta 88. Feel free to poke holes in my plans 😂

Minidsp 8x12 (I'm trying to find a simple dac with aux in and optical out to run so I can do away with hu)

3 way active front stage (I already have everything for the front stage amp/speaker wise)
Crescendo audio s6 4x100 @ 4 for mids and tweets 350x2 for mb
Cdt es-1200is tweets either in pillar or dash corners
Cdt unity 7.5 in factory dash location firing into the glass
Cdt CDT Audio CL-69SubCF in the doors

Dd VO-W712 sealed under center of the dash firing into passenger footwell

2 sql-15's ran ib (trunk baffle) with rear deck cut out.

Those are what I'm planning driver wise.

I'm thinking a sundown saev4 2k for the sql and crescendo s1 for the front sub.

I haven't decided what size/brand ho alternator to go with yet but I'm figuring at least 240 amp.

And I've gotta decide what rear battery to go with but it'll probably be a plug n play lithium.

I'll be using the thickest mega-person deadening from d4s for the big panels and trunk and gotta decide what to use for tight spots dash, door cards, etc. I'll be putting 3/4" mdf on the trunk lid to weigh it down and hopefully limit the rattle some.

Feel free to to point out anything I'm missing or be critical of the plan.

Looks good. I've use the NVX and Siles Deadening pretty effectively. Use the 120m of rmost and 50-80ml for doors or where it is tight and still needs a fix.

For the inside of the outer door panels 3 in 1 foam and butyl

Other

SIles

80ml

120ml

2nd battery, Glow Voltage gets my vote. Which series is dependant on what the continuous drw is anticipated to be. All three are like a good farmer, out-standing in their field! and 2 have the most AH and the three is a bursting beast!

You may want to hit them up on FB, you may ot need an HO alternator with one of their lithium units.

If you should go the HO reout, these guys are great. I've turned a number of people on to them and all have been very satisfied. Fill this out and they will let you know the nest option at a reasonable price.

With a Glow Voltage 2nd battery, you could get away with the lowest output upgrade they offer. 20A? SOmething like that.

Last edited:
I haven't decided on what battery yet but it's the very last thing I'll do since the rear agm in the saturn will work until I do 😂

So this is what my plans are for my '85 delta 88. Feel free to poke holes in my plans 😂

Minidsp 8x12 (I'm trying to find a simple dac with aux in and optical out to run so I can do away with hu)

3 way active front stage (I already have everything for the front stage amp/speaker wise)
Crescendo audio s6 4x100 @ 4 for mids and tweets 350x2 for mb
Cdt es-1200is tweets either in pillar or dash corners
Cdt unity 7.5 in factory dash location firing into the glass
Cdt CDT Audio CL-69SubCF in the doors

Dd VO-W712 sealed under center of the dash firing into passenger footwell

2 sql-15's ran ib (trunk baffle) with rear deck cut out.

Those are what I'm planning driver wise.

I'm thinking a sundown saev4 2k for the sql and crescendo s1 for the front sub.

I haven't decided what size/brand ho alternator to go with yet but I'm figuring at least 240 amp.

And I've gotta decide what rear battery to go with but it'll probably be a plug n play lithium.

I'll be using the thickest mega-person deadening from d4s for the big panels and trunk and gotta decide what to use for tight spots dash, door cards, etc. I'll be putting 3/4" mdf on the trunk lid to weigh it down and hopefully limit the rattle some.

Feel free to to point out anything I'm missing or be critical of the plan.
Mineral Wool insulation from Lowes or H.depot would be excellent in the tight spots to shove in there and not that expensive/water resistant/sound barrier/and fire resistant. You will need like a Fillet Knife or Razor knife to cut with, and wear some protective eye glasses or goggles/long sleeve shirt and a 95 mask should work fine when cutting and handling it as it has tiny glass particles in it. Dammned good stuff, and you can use a broom stick and or? to push it in tight spots.

Mineral Wool insulation from Lowes or H.depot would be excellent in the tight spots to shove in there and not that expensive/water resistant/sound barrier/and fire resistant. You will need like a Fillet Knife or Razor knife to cut with, and wear some protective eye glasses or goggles/long sleeve shirt and a 95 mask should work fine when cutting and handling it as it has tiny glass particles in it. Dammned good stuff, and you can use a broom stick and or? to push it in tight spots.

It doesn't look like I got many cavities to actually fill except the the pillar trim.

The whole dash is gonna be a rattle trap I gotta deaden with a foam or cld sheets...it's gonna be a nightmare 🤣🤣🤣

I Don't think expanding foam made for home insulation holds water, should be water resistant, but hey, I could be all wet!
Even if the foam itself doesn’t hold moisture it can build in any void in the foam from humidity. I've tossed a couple ice chest I put water resistant expanding foam in the lids that molded over the course of 2 years...that's with me plugging and expoxying the drill holes.

I did this as well on a cooler that is always on the bed of my work truck. The ice does last a bit longer. Up to 103 F days, that is pretty good.
I used to do it back home in WA with no problems...since I moved to AR I'm thinking the stupid high humidity is fckn up the rotation 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...