Testing midrange and tweeters for a higend set.

Midrange is a high powered high efficiency design with a fair amount of Xmax and of course a full shorting ring on the pole peace..

Two different tweeters ones a 1" silkdome and one is a ceramic dome. Once I get them i will do some parameter analysis. I will also have for graphs as well.

Building this set to match up with the subwoofer.

Any more details on tweets?
For some reason your name popped when I went to log in on cac. I made a post but it got deleted. I don't know why your name popped up and its pretty shady.

No. Ill get more information when I do some parameter testing. Its a standard silk dome edge driver tweeter. I honestly didn't alter it. It is the buiIthouses design. It is the best softdome they have to offer.

What brand?
Like the carbonfiber cone.
Its a oem manufacture. Its china again. I know I know but its increasing hard to get the American or even the reputable manufacturers to do custom stuff without trying to rip you off. So until I get a CNN and the machinery I need I have to have faith.

That being said alot of existing companies use very very similar parts and even the same build houses..

I will not release anything that doesn't meet my standards.

CNN? I bet you mean CNC

**** that's OEM? Dam nice for being OEM.

I know Some vehicles have RF and JBL. I dunno of any other brands used.

This business isn't easy and the big companies are very hard to compete with. Id love to build them myself but its not realistic at this time.

They are tooling the shorting ring. The mid looks great and they do work for other reputable companies so its worth a shot.

Direct price for the active set(without covers) should be around 350 with xover 500.. The crossovers use really pricey components and are definitally worth the money if you don't go active..

Talk to Nick(owner of Stereo integrity), I know he found a build house that he found to be reputable and good enough to build his XBL2 tweets..
I tried to get Dan to do some work with no reply. Was going to do a 4" coil version of the Brahma but oh well.

NY sub from ska will be here soon too! Lets of testing to come..

Ska says they can lower the MMS and get more motor strength for abut better efficiency but I sincerely doubt its going to sound as good below 60hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.