Terminals

Our Kolossus wire fits our terminals. As with any stranded wire you do need to twist the strands after removal of the jacket to fit any termination or you will have some frayed ends.

or if the zero gauge ring terminals actually fit onto the battery terminal. i just turned the battery terminal upside down though. other than that the terminals are pretty decent, the connection to the actual battery post is ok.

all I want is a battery termninal with 3 or 4 - 1/0 gauge connections that actually fit 1/0ga cable.

Also to knu. The cover on the Konfused 3way refuses to ever stay on. I've resorted to duct tape to keep the blasted thing on.

I can't believe I need to go into such detail about the issue, The first image shows the KLM cable (same size as Kolossus - its all I had at home) Notice the diameter of the cable and the diameter of the 1/0 input. Now look at the inner step on the terminal compared to the thickness of the cable jacket. The Jacket is thicker then this step making is painfully obvious that the cable is smaller then the 1/0 opening.

IMG_1646.jpg

Other images just show that the cable fits this step from various angles and on a second terminal. A trick when stripping the wire - Instead of pulling the jacket off all the way, remove it half way, then use the loose portion of the jacket like a handle and twist the strands while still on the cable. Twisting the strands reduces the area the loose strands take up. Yes it makes the cable more dense since you are compacting it to a smaller area. If you simply pull off the jacket you'll have a very loose bunch of strands and no matter what terminal or cable you use, you'll run into problems.

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

As for issues with a top staying on, removal of the top is achieved by squeezing it together, the feet then come free of the base. If you remove the top and flex it in the reverse direction you can widen the top, creating more tension on the feet of the top cover.

why do knu 1/0 ring terminals not fit knu battery terminals? i dont think i ever had a problem fitting kolossus cable into the 1/0 hole of the battery terminal though.

i have never had any problems fitting kollusus wire in any of the knus fuse holders or kompression blocks?? BTW, nice pics ^^^^^^^ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Now start working on a battery terminal that'll hold 4-8 runs of 1/0 guage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The JL terminals look pretty cool, but not the only compression battery terminal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Coming this April....

KBT-30.JPG
Those are.... 1/0 ga openings????? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Are we talking..... BEGINNING of april..... like Next WEEK!?

Some nice products coming out....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.