Symptons Of Ground -

monkeyman
10+ year member

WHAT ARE SOME SYMPTOMS OF GROUND NOT BEING WELL PUT BECUASE I DONT THINK I HAVE A GOOD GROUND FOR MY AMP ALL I USED WAS THE HOOK THAT IS USED TO CLAMP THE TRUNK DOWN ALL I DID WAS WRAP IT AROUND AND TAPE IT LOL THATS BECUASE I WASNT ABLE TO FIND A SOLID PLACE WITH NO PAINT IN MY TRUNK.... HELP ANYONE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

wow...uh drill a hole, sand the paint off and put a bolt in it. Better ground for about $2? Why would you just wrap it and tap it....

its cus im loosing my mind i need professional help im having a big problem with my sound and still cant nail what it is and they keep telling me on my posts that i make that its my ground

your really hard to understand but if your system is having problems and everyone is telling you its your ground...why the **** don't you just fix your ground?!

il show u my post see if you ever had any of these problems ( i tried 2 headsets a new and an old both give me same results) IM A NOOB WHEN IT COMES TO ADVANCED SOUND INSTALLATION so please have patience with me. to start off this is what i own

* Pioneer-DEH-P3900MP

* 2 12inch SOUNDSTREAM rubicon subwoofers

* 2 ch. HITRONICS AMP 1400WATT FOR WOOFERS

* 2 6.5 PIONEER-TS-A1672R

* 2 6X9 PIONEER

* 2 TWEETERS DONT KNOW BRAND JUST RANDOM

there are my spec's dont know if its gonna help out with the issue im having , main issue i am having is when i turn my car on or stereo w/e my subs will go crazy and just sub to no beat they will just jump up and down and make noise to no beats so what i have done so far is bought new RCA's for the amp and connected it and still went on with the noise , also i checked my wiring for my head unit and all is fine also i connected the amp on my friends car and it worked just fine there but when i put it back into my car and hook it up it does that same noise again please help

check to make sure your rca's aren't touching metal anywhere. When I first installed my system I had 2 sets of rca's joined by little couplers which were laying on bare metal...had the same bace beat type of symptom...

yeah see thats that issue i cant fix i tried a gang of sh** putting new RCA's trying different headunits diff subs amps and it did the same thing so im gonna take the advice and drill a whole in my lil honda take the paint off and wrap the ground wire on it and nail it and cross my fingers and hope it works

it can be anything in the preamp out puts. can be the rca cords or the head unit preamp jacks is bad or the preamp output on the amp is bad. try unpluggin one of those rca cords from the amps while its playing. if one is unplugged and the other one is still hooked up and stopped the sub bumpin and then u know its in the preamp outputs jacks

actually i just got some new RCA's put in and my headunit is brand new also and i did try 2 different head units and both headunits gave me same result //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif but i do recall unpluggin one rca and my subs still just go up and down with no beat its not sound its just noise it makes from when i turn on the car so i just left my amp unplugged

WHAT ARE SOME SYMPTOMS OF GROUND NOT BEING WELL PUT BECUASE I DONT THINK I HAVE A GOOD GROUND FOR MY AMP ALL I USED WAS THE HOOK THAT IS USED TO CLAMP THE TRUNK DOWN ALL I DID WAS WRAP IT AROUND AND TAPE IT LOL THATS BECUASE I WASNT ABLE TO FIND A SOLID PLACE WITH NO PAINT IN MY TRUNK.... HELP ANYONE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Umm - I would say that's your problem right there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Honestly - if you've had multiple people tell you this was a bad idea and an incredibly poor ground connection yet you're still asking what are some common symptoms of a poor ground connection?

Then perhaps aftermarket mobile audio just isn't the hobby for you...

it is just that like everything in life theres always a begining to all and well im here because i want to learn just like at some point you did not know much just be patient with me its all i ask //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

alright alright i wont ask for opinion , ok so then today i took the advice and i opened up my trunk took off the cover for the spare wheel and around the spare wheel everything seems to be the chasis for the car so what i did was i drilled a small hole sanded around that whole til i was able to see the metal or aluminum w.e it is and i took a bolt and screwed it in with my ground cable into it and later on im gonna hook the amp back up and fire it up see what happens , does it sound good on what i did with the ground im not really sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.