Sundown amp for mids/highs?

96TL
10+ year member

Hey guys.

I just order a Sundown SCV-1500D and two SA-10's for my Ram pickup. Subs are going into a vented box.

I am now looking for an amp for my highs/mids. I am not sure which components I am going to run yet. 6.5" in the front doors, and 6x9's in the rear doors.

Whats the main differences between the Sundown SAX-100.4 and SAX-150.4? The 150.4 puts out more power and its a lot smaller.

I was also considering the SAE-50.4, but I don't think 50x4 is going to be loud enough for 1500 watts of bass.

Thanks.

Any idea why the SAX-150.4 was discontinued?
My thoughts? Cuz no one bought one. Ive yet to meet anyone else who runs one. It has fully active controls and ive never had an issue. no thermal shut downs. no going into protect. Ive pushed it for 8 hour road trips and it never got anywhere near as hot as my sub amp. The thing weighs a ton. its like a metal brick when you pick it up.

if he still has it....

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/619451-zed-audio-draconia-iii-lightly-used-w-warranty.html

I think I'm going to go for it. I found a new one in stock for $449.99.
Get the draconia. Those are BUILT for SQ and has a better crossover than the sundown. SA=12db Zedd=24db.

Idk if he still has it thought. Go with the sundown if you'd like. You will be just as happy.

Ive been running a sax 150.4 for 2 years now.
Tis pristine. and for 1500 watts. I wouldnt go any lower than 125rms.
I can safely say on a regular song (non edited in anyway) 150W per door can actually over power 1200W on 2 SA12's. So I would concur with your statement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

96TL

10+ year member
96TL
Brooklyn, NY USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from