Subs facing each other

bad bad bad bad, then they are just fighting againse eachother
No they're not. Everyone told me that too but I went ahead and built 2 fiberglass boxes, one on each side of the trunk in my old BMW. The subs were facing directly at each other and about 2 feet apart. I swear with the back down, you can start to feel the pressure blow by the headrest. It's like a mini blowthru. Flame away, but I'm one who had an install like this:p:.

lol@ people saying they cancel eachother out and ****...are you retarded? What's your goal? Pressure right? That's the point of a sub, to develop low frequency sound pressure. Right. So are you telling me when you try to break something with pressure, you don't ever squeeze it between two things and put pressure from both sides due to the fact you're cancelling yourself out? Come on...don't be an idiot...

ask galactic monkey if it cancels out. he has 24 15 facing each other. most impressive thing you will probably ever hear. not the highest on the meter but most impressive.

I honestly have played with this and seemed like I got more output with them facing each other, im talking not one on each side of the car but with say 6 inches of each other.
The sound may have been reenforced by the apposing enclosure.

It would probably have sounded louder if both were pointed towards

a wall 6" away. Or at least have a similar effect.

3.5 for each sub geez thats huge for a 12 haha
but yea i got two 12's l7's 08 models on a zx1500 and they are loud ported tuned to 34hz 5.2net

they get loud only problem i have is one of the subs sounds like its hitting the tinsel or something makes a odd sound
you still didn't get that fixed yet? put some tape on the back of the sub cone to deaden the sound. that just might work.

why not just try it?

then try them both the opposite and face them towards the sides of the trunk

then try both facing the trunk

one facing trunk, one facing forward

EVERY car is diffrant. It takes alot of trial and error to find what works best.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Yeah...those people are retarded aren't they?
helotaxi knows his car audio **** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Oh I'm not knockin on anyone's knowledge on car audio. The people that have told me this are reputable installers from reputable car audio shops in my area that have been around for years! I just don't understand why he's jumping on the wagon and saying we're retarded. We're all learning here. At that time when hearing that, I was a noob in car audio. Does he know more them me...MOST LIKELY. sorry.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.