Subs facing each other

TheGreatMonkey
10+ year member

I'm The Monkey Master
Somewhere
Before anyone says anything, yes, i've tried to search but for some reason, the search button isn't working for me at the moment. So, my question is, is there any down fall while having the subs firing at each other. The subs are about 20 in away from each other but are facing each other.

Heres a pic, if you don't understand me. I can't explain things worth crap.

Dodge Dakota. Instead of having the box laying down, i'm going to have 2 boxes and have them stand behind each seat. It's a extended cab, so I have the suicide doors. And they will be bolted down to prevent them from falling over. And i'm hoping, there will be a little more room for the amps too.

Dodge Dakota. Instead of having the box laying down, i'm going to have 2 boxes and have them stand behind each seat. It's a extended cab, so I have the suicide doors. And they will be bolted down to prevent them from falling over. And i'm hoping, there will be a little more room for the amps too.
Yea if its what I'm thinkin it will be I definitely don't see any negative effects...may be louder that way

why not face them towards the windshield

are they gonna be sealed or ported and what woofers and size and wat amps

looks to be a crazy build

3.5 for each sub geez thats huge for a 12 haha

but yea i got two 12's l7's 08 models on a zx1500 and they are loud ported tuned to 34hz 5.2net

they get loud only problem i have is one of the subs sounds like its hitting the tinsel or something makes a odd sound

HT guys do it all the time with IB set ups, it's called a manifold and they do 4-8 subs that way. Or sometimes 12 like in the pic. Subs fire up through an opening in the floor of the theater room.

TallView.jpg

Hmm...everyone has told me that you can't have subs face each other because they'll cancel each other out, it won't sound good.
Thats a common misconception.

Sometimes a standing wave can occur on the cone of the subs but that can also happen in the wrong sized enclosure.

Ive got a 78 camaro with a 10 in each side of the trunk behind the wheel well facing each other and they sound good. Dont get any cancellation but they are about 3ft apart. Works fine for me anyway but might be different for the distance between the subs.

Before anyone says anything, yes, i've tried to search but for some reason, the search button isn't working for me at the moment. So, my question is, is there any down fall while having the subs firing at each other. The subs are about 20 in away from each other but are facing each other.

Heres a pic, if you don't understand me. I can't explain things worth crap.

bad bad bad bad, then they are just fighting againse eachother

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.