subs barley moving ?

ok well now that the box is 100% sealed up and im still getting pitiful ****ing output i think its time for me to quit this money pit of a hobby

is it actually plausible that 2 8s off 600 watts can't compete with a pair of oem door speakers at 50hz??? or were my expectations just too high??

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif:verymad:

its not xovers, subsonic is 25ish low pass is 90ish

if i crank the gain up to 100% they start moving like crazy but gain shouldnt even have to be 50% with 4v preouts and a 600watt amp for (2) 200 watt subs

already did, they measure at 4 ohm just like they should

the only thing i can think of is the headunit rca outputs are ****ed up, but i had this headunit working in my last car 2 weeks ago

its not xovers, subsonic is 25ish low pass is 90ish
if i crank the gain up to 100% they start moving like crazy but gain shouldnt even have to be 50% with 4v preouts and a 600watt amp for (2) 200 watt subs
ahh.. we might have found it.. are the h.u settings appropriate.. like sub LEVEL set to highest..

Hmmm, turn up teh bass :p.

To my belief, you only get 4v when the deck is all the way up. and if the bass and sub settings are all the way down then you're not going to get the output you want.

If they move when you crank it, tune the gain accordingly

If you have a CD player, in 2010, that doesn't have a subwoofer setting on it............. you need to buy a new ****ing HU.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hmmm, turn up teh bass :p.To my belief, you only get 4v when the deck is all the way up. and if the bass and sub settings are all the way down then you're not going to get the output you want.

If they move when you crank it, tune the gain accordingly
Super lulz at this. I had to re-read it twice, just to make sure this was actually said. Good **** you found out what is was. Getting a new deck, or just having it repaired..?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.