Sub for .3 cu ft of airspace (small box)

Just found out the JBL GTO804 only needs .3 cu ft of airspace in a sealed enclosure. The reason why I have to build 2 boxes is because I am trying to hide the subs and don't want to loose cargo space or my spare tire to do it.

Building 2 boxes that are 11.75" L x 11.75" W x 5.75" H. I am thinking about putting in a JL Audio 6W3v3-4 in each box. Is there a larger sub like a 8" or 10" that would be a better option?
There is prob close to a 100 different subs that are cheaper and better then those JL's.

Try to locate a TC OEM 10 or 12. They wrk great in enclosures as small as .5cf and are rated at 800rms each.

I am going to be using the 3rd and 4th channel on my MB Quart ONX4.125 to power these two subs so I don't want anything that is power hungry. I am thinking the JBL GTO804 will fit my needs just fine.

6.5's are good for midbass and will not work well if used as a sub. What ohm load can you wire 2 of ur channels down to on ur amp? Might be best to bridge 2 channels and just run 1 8"..

NM i looked it up best bet would be to bridge 2 channels @4ohm which will give you 500watts. Due to ur lack of cf space I would go with 1 of woofercookers sa-8's for $100 shipped. Freshly reconed and would do well with the power you have on tap and can wrk in small enclosures.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.