Sub enclosure question

Participant count
  • Participant list

skirch56
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello,

I am planning to build my first ported enclosure. I use an online box calculator to tune the box. Here is my proposed drawing . . .

untitled.jpg

The program told me I needed a 19" port. I drew it like this, because to do a straight port the box would have to be a few inches taller, but I don't have room for it. This box is 6 inches deep from this view, the port is 5x1 and about 20" long as drawn.

The box is being built for 2 JL 6w3v3's. It has a volume of just over .5 cu ft, not including the port. It is tuned to 35 hertz. (Also this is lower than the manufacturer's recommendations of 38, is this ok?)

Does this still work as far as the port measurements I am supposed to have? If I didn't give enough info, let me know.

I guess what my two questions are is

One, will there be any negative effect to sound quality between a straight port verses a port that zigzags back and forth, or even a L-port

And two, will I damage the subs by tuning lower than factory recommendations

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.