sub box design questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

maylar
10+ year member

Electrical Weenie
Connecticut
Hi - A couple questions about designing boxes:

1) I understand that there's software out there that can help with designing. Anybody have a link for some?

2) My current setup distorts badly at medium-hi volume levels, and I don't believe it's the speaker or the amp. The boxes are only 0.38 cu ft volume, with 10" Legacy subs. I understand that 0.75 cu ft is normally required - can a box that's too small cause this phenomenon?

3) Can the boxes be ported to improve sound quality? How do I figure out the required dimensions?

Thanks.

Lets see here

1. http://www.wssh.net/~wattsup/audio/ a whole lot of free audio software here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

2. I'm not all that familiar with your subs. But that is an awfully small box. That very well could be part of your problem. It may be you are clipping the amp. have you adjusted your gains ?

3. Ported won't improve sound quality. It will greatly improve output, but not sound quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.