Stupidest Thing You Have Ever Heard When Talking With Someone About Car Audio?

CarsThatGoBoom
10+ year member

xX SPADED Xx
H beach
I was just wondering what kind of stupid things people say when they talk about car audio. Here's mine:

This kid in my drafting and design class said he was getting some CompVR's so I asked if he was getting dual 2 or dual 4 and he goes "Oh it doesn't really matter, I don't use the voice coils anyways" i was like what?! and he went on to "fill me in" that voice coils only run highs and keep the sub from overheating. I told him that the voice coil runs the sub and he just goes OK whatever.

He also told me that Phoenix Gold wire is 24 Kt. Gold clear through, and that sealed box have higher SPL than ported boxes. He's the kind of kid you just want to slap him. It's funny to talk to him because he doesn't know jack and he really thinks he does.

Anyone else?

well overheard a guy talking to another guy about this MTX amp with dual power terminals.

The guy said one was for the power supply and the other was for the capacitor.

edit: i guess im the dumbass here, just checked the amp and it does have a terminal for the capacitor, never seen that before

sad thing is that some of the amps do have inputs for capacitors //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i know some cadnece have them :0

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.