Stupid issue thats about to drive me crazy!!

CrazyEyedFrog

NC
I'm replacing my brother's stock HU for his '06 F-150 with a Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD. I have everything hooked up per the instructions provided - I'm installing it with a wiring harness so it's pretty basic/simple. I don't have an amp or anything else going. The unit will power up and works great...until I accelerate or come to a stop. The unit will power off and reboot every time I accelerate or come to a stop. However, it does remember the time and it doesn't lose my custom settings. I've checked for loose wires/bad connections and everything looks good. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You should pull the head unit out some, Put a DMM on it and see what you are loosing. Power or ground. Find a known good source of power and ground you will need both. No being you say you are not loosing memory. The power to the memory wire should be okay.

Start out with the power wire to the head unit. Hook the + side of the dmm to that wire and hook the - wire to your known good ground. Drive around see what happens. Then do the same for the ground wire to the head unit.

See what you loose. That will at best give you a heading to what to look at.

tap the ignition source at the ignition cylinder...seems like ur getting a voltage drop radio harness...black/light green wire at ignition

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.