Stock head unit to amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

afplayboy18
10+ year member

i have a 2011 Mustang GT and i have an old amp/sub sitting in my garage that id like to put into the car.

for now, i dont wanna change the deck out so im looking at going from stock head unit to amp...

am i going to need something like the JL Cleansweep to go inbetween the stock deck and amp or can i plug the amp directly into the deck...ive never hooked up to a stock deck before, ive always had aftermarket.

would it be best to just wait and go aftermarket instead???

i have an Fi Q12 going with a Kicker 1500.1

ETA: will be adding some Focal 5x7s all around later on powered by probaby a kicker like in my sig....if i do that will that impact what i need now or can i just add that later???

the cheapest way is to get a nice hi low converter and run the signal in to a nice eq or line driver but if you got the cash a clean sweep,or rockford 360 would be better

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.