Starting a System from Scratch - $1500 budget

Hmmm, if your interested...right now there are two Nakamichi (PA-506) 6 channel Zed built amps on Ebay right now...6 channels...bridge the 5th/6th for sub, run the front stage active. Let the rears run off the HU...

done deal...

Hmmm, if your interested...right now there are two Nakamichi (PA-506) 6 channel Zed built amps on Ebay right now...6 channels...bridge the 5th/6th for sub, run the front stage active. Let the rears run off the HU...
done deal...
Not a bad idea.

It looks like the eD 9.5 will work well as I can run 4x100 @ 4 ohms to the fronts and rears and 1x600 to the IDQ12. Or could I run 100W to the drivers, 100W to the tweeters, and 600W to the sub and let the rears run off of the HU?

It looks like the eD 9.5 will work well as I can run 4x100 @ 4 ohms to the fronts and rears and 1x600 to the IDQ12. Or could I run 100W to the drivers, 100W to the tweeters, and 600W to the sub and let the rears run off of the HU?
I like the second scenario better. At the same price point I still think the RF 5 channel is a better bet. More power for the sub section in case you need it down the road. I also think the footprint is easier to deal with in an install. just my .02

If I'm going to be skipping the rear fill then I'll need to go big for the fronts - I guess in the $400-$500 range. I don't know about adding kick panles and midbass - I want a more stock look and I feel like adding other custom enclosure in the cabin can cause things to get out of hand quickly. Will the system still sound good with great set of 6.5 comps in the door, rears powered off the HU, and the 12 in the back?

Are the Rainbows still a good choice for that setup or should I be looking up another level? I'm assuming I'll have to have some sort of custome spacer fabricated since Accords apprently have shallow doors.

Boston Z6's for the front.

the Nine.5

or the Nakamichi

or the RF

All really good amps

Build you own box or have someone on here do it. I can't remember the guys name but does amazing work.

If I'm going to be skipping the rear fill then I'll need to go big for the fronts - I guess in the $400-$500 range. I don't know about adding kick panles and midbass - I want a more stock look and I feel like adding other custom enclosure in the cabin can cause things to get out of hand quickly. Will the system still sound good with great set of 6.5 comps in the door, rears powered off the HU, and the 12 in the back?
Are the Rainbows still a good choice for that setup or should I be looking up another level? I'm assuming I'll have to have some sort of custome spacer fabricated since Accords apprently have shallow doors.
yes yes and yes. if going active on the front compnents you can also just cherry pic a good 6.5" mid and tweeter instead of buying a set.

I'm told if I'm going active I'll need some other means of processing the signal besides my stock HU. I was planning to keep the HU stock since I have navigation. Is there another way around it?

I'm told if I'm going active I'll need some other means of processing the signal besides my stock HU. I was planning to keep the HU stock since I have navigation. Is there another way around it?
The Nine.5 amp will take care of that for you.

Take a look at this picture.

1. Hook up the tweeters to Channels 1 and 2, set it for HP.

2. Hook up the mids to Channels 3 and 4, set it for band pass.

3. Sub will be low pass.

Here's the video about the Nine.5 from their front page.

It really is one hell of a capable all-in-one amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.