Sq subwoofer help!!

Pvbeast23

Iowa
Hey everyone, I've been trying to get a setup put together for purely sq. The subs that have so far caught my eye are the jbl mkii, idmax, ssa icon, idq, and some subs from the dayton series. Which of these would you recommend for sq? Also has anyone heard these subs and could give me and feedback? Or would anyone recommend any other subs for sq? I want the subs to be able to get loud, and hit the low notes very well. Thanks

whats your budget?

For sq you want transparency to be the top priority, it shouldn't even sound like you have a subwoofer. If that's not what you want then your not looking for sq.

Hey everyone, I've been trying to get a setup put together for purely sq. The subs that have so far caught my eye are the jbl mkii, idmax, ssa icon, idq, and some subs from the dayton series. Which of these would you recommend for sq? Also has anyone heard these subs and could give me and feedback? Or would anyone recommend any other subs for sq? I want the subs to be able to get loud, and hit the low notes very well. Thanks
Then you dont want purely SQ. You want something that sounds good with some output. SQ subs dont get to loud or hit low notes that good. You will have minimal excursion to keep cone control.

Money wont be a problem, and i mean i want them to sound clean, but still have hard hitting bass and be able to get loud
13W6 will be the "loudest" SQ sub I can think of. They dont need much power to have decent output. If you want to give up a bit of SQ your options open up.

pair of ultimo 12s in 2.5 cubes common chamber on 1600w should dig relatively deep and get decently loud though thats not what they are designed for my 2 10s on my arc audio se2300 get loud and low just not really loud

13W6 will be the "loudest" SQ sub I can think of. They dont need much power to have decent output. If you want to give up a bit of SQ your options open up.
Whats your input on the other subs i have listed?

there you go i loved the 13w6 so much i actually just bought both of mine back from the guy i sold them to, if you want they can get nasty loud to.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

but reading your description i would go with one 10w6

Whats your input on the other subs i have listed?
Its up to you and what you want. I dont think the FI Q sounds all that great. Its not bad but NOT a SQ sub. Its in line with many subs, build the enclosure right and tune it right and it will sound good. The JL can be thrown in a junk Prefab and still sound good. Put it in the right box and its pretty **** nice. Audison and Hertz have some NICE stuff but your going to pay for it.

there you go i loved the 13w6 so much i actually just bought both of mine back from the guy i sold them to, if you want they can get nasty loud to. 

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

but reading your description i would go with one 10w6
IMO the 13 is where its at with the W6 and 7. Everyother size was disapointing in the output department

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.