SPL or SQ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

alove_85
10+ year member

Love is Life
I'm not new to car systems but I am new to competitions. I was wondering if they look for sq or spl. I know bandpass boxes are good for spl and i Have two very low and loud infnity perfect 12s which are loudest in bandpass so I was just wondering if they look for spl or sq? Thanks

Originally posted by alove_85 I'm not new to car systems but I am new to competitions. I was wondering if they look for sq or spl. I know bandpass boxes are good for spl and i Have two very low and loud infnity perfect 12s which are loudest in bandpass so I was just wondering if they look for spl or sq? Thanks
just a note, bandpass boxes are not the best at SPL, Ported boxes are...

In SPL competitions you are divided into classes by what equipment you are running and then you are judged by how loud you get. In SQ competitions they look at the install, how everything looks, how it sounds, and a whole crapload of other things.

Originally posted by alove_85 I'm not new to car systems but I am new to competitions. I was wondering if they look for sq or spl. I know bandpass boxes are good for spl and i Have two very low and loud infnity perfect 12s which are loudest in bandpass so I was just wondering if they look for spl or sq? Thanks
For your setup, I would stick to SPL comp's.

In SPL competitions you are divided into classes by what equipment you are running and then you are judged by how loud you get. In SQ competitions they look at the install, how everything looks, how it sounds, and a whole crapload of other things.
Bingo.

- Steve

Originally posted by Bumpin03 hmmm spl comps with infinitys??????????
If he plays a tone @ the frequency his box is ported to...then he may be alright...but, I know, he should have gone sealed and went for SQ, or ported and went for a mix...

I hope he's not sending those Perfects a lot of power...they tend to blow...very easily.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.