Speakers seem to "dim" or go "flat"?

to me it seems like your sending a pretty clipped signal to your comps. my buddy had the same problem in his silverado with some ARC Audio FD6.5 comps(and some MB quarts before that). at mid volume they sounded great but once he turned it up the would get loud but then a few seconds in or if some very high notes hit the tweeters they would attenuate(shut down) but if you turned the volume down they would come back on.so i added a line driver to compensate for his low volt rca signal and turned his gain down to about 1/4 from 0. and it never happened again and his tweets would be loud n crisp at higher volumes

That is the exact situation im having. And i though the exact same thing im definatly going to try a line drive bc my gain is 3/4 up to get the required voltage.

I've had this problem too. At high volumes the comps sound great, but after a minute the sound will fade out. I figured maybe the crossovers are overheating...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.