Some LOC install questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

ThisNameIsTaken

Mars
Alright guys, here's the deal. Got a 2000 Suburban recently. Guy I got it from saved me some hassle and wired up my battery and my ground for my amp under my carpet all nice and clean. My amp is going to be under my second row seat and my subs behind the third row. He also gave me a LOC as I'm not intending on changing the HU any time soon. (Sadly the one in my old car had just died or I'd have used it) He said I could wire the LOC in pretty much right behind the driver seat. I have pulled all the trim and everything and located the wires he's talking about using. The only problem is they're jumbled in with the wires for the controls on the door and wrapped tight. They also seem to share colors possibly so I'm uneasy about messing with them. I've done quite a few stereo hook ups but always with aftermarket equipment. In theory I understand how the whole LOC thing works. Just a couple of things that I'm wondering about.

1. Can I hook the LOC inline with the stock sub rather than door speakers as my only intentions are to get my subs up and running?

1.5 If not, does anyone have experience with the same vehicle that could possibly tell me the best place to wire it in?

2. I'm not 100% positive but it doesn't look like there's any kind of remote line to feed into my amp. Best way to remedy this? I've though up using a jumper with a switch by my seat so I can manually turn the amp off.

Also, it does have a factory amp from what I've read if that makes a difference. Also, I'd like to avoid wiring the LOC directly behind the HU as there's not much room and running the RCAs back is going to be a pain. I have and can take pics if required.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Alright guys, here's the deal. Got a 2000 Suburban recently. Guy I got it from saved me some hassle and wired up my battery and my ground for my amp under my carpet all nice and clean. My amp is going to be under my second row seat and my subs behind the third row. He also gave me a LOC as I'm not intending on changing the HU any time soon. (Sadly the one in my old car had just died or I'd have used it) He said I could wire the LOC in pretty much right behind the driver seat. I have pulled all the trim and everything and located the wires he's talking about using. The only problem is they're jumbled in with the wires for the controls on the door and wrapped tight. They also seem to share colors possibly so I'm uneasy about messing with them. I've done quite a few stereo hook ups but always with aftermarket equipment. In theory I understand how the whole LOC thing works. Just a couple of things that I'm wondering about.
1. Can I hook the LOC inline with the stock sub rather than door speakers as my only intentions are to get my subs up and running?

1.5 If not, does anyone have experience with the same vehicle that could possibly tell me the best place to wire it in?

2. I'm not 100% positive but it doesn't look like there's any kind of remote line to feed into my amp. Best way to remedy this? I've though up using a jumper with a switch by my seat so I can manually turn the amp off.

Also, it does have a factory amp from what I've read if that makes a difference. Also, I'd like to avoid wiring the LOC directly behind the HU as there's not much room and running the RCAs back is going to be a pain. I have and can take pics if required.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
1. You plan on not using the stock sub right? Is it amplified? Yes you can use that for your loc, but I would recommend you tap in before the stock amp if there is one.

2. The remote remedy is to tap into the fuse box and use an acc fuse, which means it won't come on until you turn the key.

1. You plan on not using the stock sub right? Is it amplified? Yes you can use that for your loc, but I would recommend you tap in before the stock amp if there is one.2. The remote remedy is to tap into the fuse box and use an acc fuse, which means it won't come on until you turn the key.
1. I would like to still be able to use the stock sub. Will that cause complications? I'm about 90% sure it is amplified, still looking into that to be sure.

2. -facepalms- I can't believe I'd forgotten that trick! Thanks for the memory jog!

Thanks for the quick reply by the way! Very helpful information.

1. I would like to still be able to use the stock sub. Will that cause complications? I'm about 90% sure it is amplified, still looking into that to be sure.
2. -facepalms- I can't believe I'd forgotten that trick! Thanks for the memory jog!

Thanks for the quick reply by the way! Very helpful information.
Anytime man. Yes you could have cancellation issues using both subs.

Anytime man. Yes you could have cancellation issues using both subs.
Hmm, good point. Any way to guarantee that wouldn't be a problem? If not, I assume the best course of action would be to just disconnect the stock sub?

Also, I think what I'm going to do to connect the LOC (since my door panel is already off) is hook up extra wire to the speaker, run it alongside all the other wire into the interior, and use that rather than tap into existing wires so I don't mess anything up. That should work yeah?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.