Some crummy box Im making...

Nothing bad was ever said in this thread about Sundown. He suggested that he would've liked to see a higher quality amp used in the install.
Just because someone recommends an amplifier over Sundown does not mean everyone needs to get their panties in a bunch.

I am sure Jacob will agree that there are higher quality amps than the ones he produces. (although at a much higher price, and probably with a lot worse customer service)
Exactly. Thank you sir.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

if he hasn't made the component upgrades, or did anything to sound deadened the car, or buy a high quality deck and sound processors, then why should he get a "top of the line" amplifier to power his components?

Chances are it's a waste of money because the owner probably wouldn't tell the difference and doesn't have top notch quality formats of the music he listens to ANYWAY.

if he hasn't made the component upgrades, or did anything to sound deadened the car, or buy a high quality deck and sound processors, then why should he get a "top of the line" amplifier to power his components?
Chances are it's a waste of money because the owner probably wouldn't tell the difference and doesn't have top notch quality formats of the music he listens to ANYWAY.
You are probably correct. He also could've purchased some Hifonics Brutus equipment and not known the difference and saved a bunch of money as well.

And Jacob hold how many SQ titles?
wtf is your prob if you talk so tough come meet me some where and we will see what happens. i know you wont show cause your a ***** that has no life and wants attention cause no one likes you and you cry everynight cause you want to kill your self. save us the time and just do it so we can all be happy. dont post is some ones thread and talk ****

For god sakes the brutus is a spl sub amp.
you're fking retarded.
My comparison of Sundown to Hifonics was to demonstrate that Sundown is superior to Hifonics, as reflected in the cost. A brand such as Brax is generally considered to be superior to Sundown, as reflected in the cost as well.

Mr. Slate made a comment saying he wouldv'e like to see a "better" amp brand used in such a quality install. He did not intend to degrade Sundown, I don't think, despite his rather harsh comments that followed his initial recommendation.

This debate has raged forever, and I don't really want to start it once again. But listening to one amp opposed to another, producing the same power, I don't think 95% of people could tell a difference. Because of this, I mentioned he might as well installed low-line Hifonics equipment if he was not going to hear a difference between amplifiers, like you stated.

THERE ARE AMPS OF HIGHER QUALITY THEN SUNDOWN, THAT COST CONSIDERABLY MORE. SUNDOWN AMPS ARE EXCELLENT, RELIABLE AMPS WITH GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, THAT IS NOT BEING DISPUTED. DO NOT GET BUTT-HURT IF SOMEONE RECOMMENDS AN AMP OVER A SUNDOWN.

You are probably correct. He also could've purchased some Hifonics Brutus equipment and not known the difference and saved a bunch of money as well.
canty compare sundown to hifonics brutus line...brutus line are know to be a couple watts over rated were as sundown are know to be a few watts over rated and not **** the life out of ur charging system.

and i see where ur comming from but to make a statement like wat u said...he could have purchase a brutus and not known the difference.....thats insane...

to the thread op nice build...i bet the inside of ur ride has little to road noise

wtf is your prob if you talk so tough come meet me some where and we will see what happens. i know you wont show cause your a ***** that has no life and wants attention cause no one likes you and you cry everynight cause you want to kill your self. save us the time and just do it so we can all be happy. dont post is some ones thread and talk ****
Time to get off mommy's computer little punk.

For god sakes the brutus is a spl sub amp.
you're fking retarded.
I just have to know what makes the Brutus amp an SPL only amp compared to other class D amplifiers? Is it limited to spl only some how? And after you explain that please tell me how you would know the difference in an A/B audition in a trunk vehicle?

I will say this:

As far as I know Jacob did not invent the car audio amplifier. In fact Sundown amplifiers are built over seas by the same company that makes a lot of other brands. I'm pretty sure the boards are not unique to Sundown. In fact the boards look very similar to Performance Technique ICBM amplifiers although I can not confirm they are the same.

I know of one person using a Sundown amplifier and he is very pleased with it. I listened to it (trunk vehicle) and the best I can say is that it seems to make a good deal of power and the subs went boom boom boom like they were supposed to. It sounded fine but I don't think I had an epiphany about auto sound that day. The clouds didn't part and the sun didn't start shining. It's just another decent amp that does what it says.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.