should i buy this table saw?

yep i think i have that exact (cheap)one. It was given to me for christmas... I do not like it, i havent been able to find an extension for it and dont have the space to build one. It will only make small cuts with perfection. I use my circular saw over that fyi.

I would go with the first one.

Legs look more secure on the first one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
this looks pretty good

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100399037

Try to search craigslist.
ya i saw that one its kinda expensive though:crap:but it looks pretty solid, and i think i remember using that brand one when i was in high school shop class. and ya ive searched craigslist. i have not found any decent one for under 200 that are not 10 yrs old or rusted to ****.

45 bucks is not that much more. but it is a decent bit of money. I just do not like the legs of the 250$ one at all. Our shop class has a very high end table saw though so i am picky about that kinda stuff. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

read the reviews on them too.

in my experience....stay away from the cheap end Ryobi's
x2

ya i saw that one its kinda expensive though:crap:but it looks pretty solid, and i think i remember using that brand one when i was in high school shop class. and ya ive searched craigslist. i have not found any decent one for under 200 that are not 10 yrs old or rusted to ****.
i got my craftsman for 125 on craigslist. has a cast iron top and has very stable legs not some flimsy ones like on those ryobi's. not be best saw but its not bad for 125 i cant complain

45 bucks is not that much more. but it is a decent bit of money. I just do not like the legs of the 250$ one at all. Our shop class has a very high end table saw though so i am picky about that kinda stuff. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
read the reviews on them too.
ya i wish i was into this stuff when i was in shop class. i would of made a bunch of boxes. but ya it is only 45 more, but 300 on a table saw seems allot to me. i could buy a HO alt for that.

x2

i got my craftsman for 125 on craigslist. has a cast iron top and has very stable legs not some flimsy ones like on those ryobi's. not be best saw but its not bad for 125 i cant complain
i check craigslist ever day. so if theres a good cheap one, ill buy. but allot of times there allot farther then im willing to drive.

just say no to 9inch table saw....blades will be hard to find

in my experience....stay away from the cheap end Ryobi's * 3

if you are going to make boxs all the time buy a better table saw

if you are only going to build a few (2 or 3 ) buy just a skillsaw

on cheaper table saws the fence's ****( have to watch for kickback and your fingers)

if you buy a new saw and only use it a few times you can still sell it

(dont forget saw's take up room)

I have a ridgid 3650 and love it

that's the thing. I'm only going to use it to make a couple boxes here and there. i might just get one of the cheap ones i mean has to be better than using a jig saw to try and cut straight pieces. i dont know. im going to check them out today at home depot and see what they have, mabye something on sale.

well i bought one from lowes today. hooked it all up and got the stand up looks pretty good. cut a few piece and it does a good job. allot easier then a jig saw lol. am going to start the box build tomorrow.

dang should have searched cl a little more! i picked up mine for dirt cheap garaged for two years and came with a nifty little router. i only paid 130 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

what kind did you get?

also may i suggest you build a table around the saw flush with the saw that way when cutting the first cut with a sheet of mdf you wont be wrestling the fvcking thing!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.