Should I be able to run 3000watts?

Maybe you should stick to 2000 watts rms on that BTL.

I can see that alt and upgraded battery doing fine, But I still think another little battery in the trunk would help greatly.

Maybe you should stick to 2000 watts rms on that BTL.
I can see that alt and upgraded battery doing fine, But I still think another little battery in the trunk would help greatly.
Nah I wanna go big the first time with 3000 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but I think what im gonna do is try out an XS d5100R up front with 180+amp alt from excessive amperage and see how well it holds. If it doesnt then i'll get the second batt. Someone else on here is gonna have practically exact same system so im waiting to hear back how voltage holds up with him. If its fine then i'll know i'll be good

Yea sub up port forward. Gona have to take at least one front seat out to get box in there. But I just found out I gotta measure my battery area and see if possibly I have alot more space than I think. Cause then I might be able to get a nice big bat like a D3100 and not really worry about it being good enough or not. Must measure.

Good thing you're not getting a yellowtop at all. XS or Deka. And for the alternator, there are two that are really in the forefront right now. DC Power and Iraggi. They are the only two that will have real idle outputs. Give them a call if they don't have anything for your car on their website. They are always busy building alternators. If Rob at DC Power can get a 270amps max/ 150amps idle alternator for my 96 accord, I am sure he can get you the same. Tell him, Phi sent you.

Yea sub up port forward. Gona have to take at least one front seat out to get box in there. But I just found out I gotta measure my battery area and see if possibly I have alot more space than I think. Cause then I might be able to get a nice big bat like a D3100 and not really worry about it being good enough or not. Must measure.
I had that same exact car. I never had too much success with the sub facing up in it though. I always seemed to just get more of the rear deck flexing then anything else. It was a world of a difference though when i went sub back port back. I had 3 layers of stinger roadkill on the bottom and top of the rear deck, but the cheap honda parts would still rattle sooooo much over the bass when I had the sub facing up. Good luck with the build though, I want some pics and vids.

Good thing you're not getting a yellowtop at all. XS or Deka. And for the alternator, there are two that are really in the forefront right now. DC Power and Iraggi. They are the only two that will have real idle outputs. Give them a call if they don't have anything for your car on their website. They are always busy building alternators. If Rob at DC Power can get a 270amps max/ 150amps idle alternator for my 96 accord, I am sure he can get you the same. Tell him, Phi sent you.
and some other companys dont have real idle outputs? ive tested EA alts on a VAT40 myself had one rated for 235 max and it did 150 at idle and 240 at 2000 rpm and its over 4 years old...

Nah I wanna go big the first time with 3000 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but I think what im gonna do is try out an XS d5100R up front with 180+amp alt from excessive amperage and see how well it holds. If it doesnt then i'll get the second batt. Someone else on here is gonna have practically exact same system so im waiting to hear back how voltage holds up with him. If its fine then i'll know i'll be good
is that xs d5100r direct fit for the 6th gen civics up front? ..

is that xs d5100r direct fit for the 6th gen civics up front? ..
It seems so I went and measured my battery tray and yea that 5100r will fit in just fine. And yea the R version is wahts needed cuz the positive cable is on the right and negative on the left. That way u dont have to pull the cables to reach it

Ok so just an update. I ended up ordering the DC Power alt instead because they rated the idle amperage at 140 while nate rated his at 120. I know its not an absolute dramatic difference but I figure i'll need to get every inch of power I can out of my electrical to support my system otherwise volts are gona drop and lights are gonna dim //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif. jdmferio13 brought it to my attention that if i want to just get a d3100 so I dont have to worry about getting a second battery later, I can put it in the trunk and run a 1/0 to a distribution block up in the engine bay and make all my engine connections there. I have to find out what all my engine connections are, or if I can i just want to connect the stock battery wires to the distribution block somehow. If anyone knows how lemme know though.

Thanks for everyones help thus far btw I couldn't do this without your guys' help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.