Should an fi q beat 2 diamond d6's?

Blinkrazy
10+ year member

Secretary of the Internet
Macon, GA
ive done a few installs recently and have tried a bunch of different brands.

i did a fiq in my sig

i did a pair of d6's for a friend off a hifonics bxi1606 and i think it might be louder

anyone think my system should be louder or should the d6's win hands down?

thanks for any and all help!

well i did a dual box setup for him, so two seperate boxes with the amp in the middle

sub facing back an an aero up at about 36hz

ok just to clue you in there is alot more things to know here two. we know your vehicle what is his vehicle. I have seen things as simple as the deck having a jenson deck that gives a dirty signal to start out with making the amp clip before making full power to a clean alpine deck that will alow the amp to give full power or using cheap rca's rather than a good pair . Long grounds wrong size wire everything else plays a factor here. apples to apples if I am not mistaken his system has more moving cone area yours has more power. sugestion if you want to be louder get a good print from a designer like hexibase or make a bunch of difrent boxes putting the sub in difrent directions and port in difrent directions difren ports and box sizes things like this to try and get louder. I can get my 2 dd 1508s on a 1000 watts louder than the 2 dimond hexs or the FI Q if the other two aren't in the right setup. all in all those two should be pretty matched "if they were in the same vehicle" I think that will play the big factor between the two installs in your case

how do you figure half he has a 15 the d6's are 12s? that would be almost the same not sure what the x max between the two for how much movement each system can move for air I would have to think the fi-q would have more x max though. Then again depending on box would depend on if full x max is being used though.....

He never said the D6s were 12s. They make 15s. Regardless there is more cone area with the pair compared to the single sub in this situation. Also more power to the pair. Also likely less power compression with the power divided between the two drivers. Also higher tuning is going to give a bigger peak in the response. I'd probably prefer the Q myself because it should sound better thanks to the more reasonable tuning but the D6s have a definite advantage in these setups when talking about output.

Xmax means squat in a ported box.

I was at work when I read this at first when I was doing other things for some reason thought I read it was 12s and it was only a 600 watt amp didn't seem right to me I know d6s take more power but your right less power less area if there both 15s def not going to get as loud.

i seen 2 12 d6's in a large sealed box off 1800 watts and god it was ****ing loud as ****. its all in the box . not saying the Q's aint loud but i give the advantage to the d6's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.