sexy midbass, but is it good?

thegreatestpenn
5,000+ posts

lazy genius
columbus
I love the look of this tangband midbass driver, but is it any good? Anyone use these by chance??? They are sold on Partsexpress and I'm thinking of picking some up in case I ever go active. model number is w6-1721

264-874_L.jpg

i have never heard them personally but every tb speaker I have heard has been extremely good. (mostly in HT applications) but a friend had me install some dif 1's in a boat that were fking awesome!

source: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-874&FTR=w6-1721&CFID=5753966&CFTOKEN=17893174

The W6-1721 6" midbass features a long throw, underhung 1-1/2" voice coil driven by a massive 50 oz. ferrite magnet. A shorting ring on the polepiece is responsible for the speaker's extremely low levels of second and third order harmonic distortion. This impressive motor is coupled to an optimized paper cone with rubber surround, supported by a cast aluminum frame. The driver's naturally high and smooth upper frequency rolloff facilitates simplified crossover designs. Specifications: Power handling: 50 watts RMS/100 watts max *VCdia: 1-1/2" *Impedance: 4 ohms *Re: 3.4 ohms *Frequency range: 40-5,000 Hz *Fs: 40 Hz *SPL: 88 dB 1W/1m *Vas: 1.04 cu. ft. *Qms: 3.58 *Qes: .49 *Qts: .43 *Xmax: 8 mm *Dimensions: A: 6.95", B: 5.8", C: 4.3".
Thank me later.

he knows all that dipshit, he already said from P-E troll!
Wow. I was posting it so other people wouldn't have to go to PE and see what the stats were. Just looking at a picture and saying it's good isn't justified enough. GTFO, you know nothing about audio.

And BTW: the term is "troller." And I'm not trolling. I was helping, you dolt.

Wow. I was posting it so other people wouldn't have to go to PE and see what the stats were. Just looking at a picture and saying it's good isn't justified enough. GTFO, you know nothing about audio.
if they cant look at the picture and realize they have used one before then that person fails...

u kno nothing about audio

And BTW: the term is "troller." And I'm not trolling. I was helping, you dolt.
I'm glad you did...I had too many windows open and didn't feel like opening another //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if they cant look at the picture and realize they have used one before then that person fails...
u kno nothing about audio
The probability of me knowing more than you is high.

I was posting the specifications of it, so if someone hasn't used them, they can look at the small list of T/S (Thiele Small) parameters, and figure out from there if they have a decent response.

OH! You probably have no idea about that, though. Do you?

I'm glad you did...I had too many windows open and didn't feel like opening another //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
You're welcome.

BTW Penn: They seem to be pretty decent drivers. I personally wouldn't spend more than $60. But that's on you. Try them out, see if you like them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.