Space available (Length x Width x Height): 44x24x5

Subwoofer make and model: Hertz HX250D or JL Audio 10TW3D4

Subwoofer Size: 10"

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Sealed

What type of music do you like?: Acoustic, rock, blues

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday Music

Volume: 100dB or below.

Questions: I would like to decide between a shallow sub that will fit easily in a thin box on the back deck, and a normal sub where I would have to build it up.

In order to fit the Herttz HX250D, I would have to add a 3 inch riser on one side of the enclosure on my back deck. This would impede visibility a bit, but visibility is minimal out the back of this car anyhow. If I did this, it would have about 3/4 inch clearance on the bottom, and about the same on the right and left sides. Front and back would have several inches. Would this lack of air flow be a problem?

I would have the proscribed amount of air in the enclosure, but it would be in an enclosure about 3" tall in ID. Would this flat-type box cause any issues?

Thanks.

Any reason why you wouldn't install in the truck instead? Seems like an awful lot of work to save 1 cubic foot of trunk space.
I will soundproof the cabin separate from the trunk. Don't want to put the extra money into soundproofing. It's a big trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.