Northeast Region Sanford Sound Maine NESPL June 9

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
    Participant count
  • Participant list
ohh hell no it wouldn't be easy, but I like to aim high. We will see anyway what I can pull out of them in july. I've got a 300amp ford 3g alt to put into it, just need more amp, some mdf and a heel of a lot of time to tune the cabin.
ohh and keep in mind that i paid $1500 for that car, don't put the giant bandpass idea past me, i may just try that, lol.
55 is a bit of a stretch without armor plating and bullet proof glass, but who knows? True horn has a lot of potential so if you could do compression chamber way at the back and have the mouth comppletely sealed off like a wall it would pobably be very efficient.

I do think the horn box was bad ***. Definitely performed well considering you only had 1 sub hooked up and how much power on tap.

3hp is good for 1500W music all day long povided you watch excursion.

Fun show though, shame I blew up both of my subs with a dismal number to show for it.

55 is a bit of a stretch without armor plating and bullet proof glass, but who knows? True horn has a lot of potential so if you could do compression chamber way at the back and have the mouth comppletely sealed off like a wall it would pobably be very efficient.
I do think the horn box was bad ***. Definitely performed well considering you only had 1 sub hooked up and how much power on tap.

3hp is good for 1500W music all day long povided you watch excursion.

Fun show though, shame I blew up both of my subs with a dismal number to show for it.
You blew the 18?

kangaroux- what did you end up with on your obsidian in the 4th order?
My current box is 1 cube sealed 2.8 ported with 50 in^2 of port tuned to 40. My next box is gonna be 1 cube sealed ~3.5 ported with 50 in^2 of port tuned to 37-38hz. Most people would say not to tune so low for a bandpass, but my car is so peaky in the high 40's that it evens out the response, so I can focus on making the low end loud and not worry about the highs. The most musical box was the same 1/2.8 setup but with 2 4" aeros tuned to 35. Very flat response with great low end. Of course, it all depends on your vehicle, so these specs might **** in your car. If you make a 4th you gotta be ready to play around with it a bit.

ok, so what did you meter at?
I didn't bring the pathfinder yesterday because it's not inspected at the moment. But I would say it does a 140, comparing it to a 144 that my friend does. For one 600w 12, it's very impressive, also considering I'm running a stock alt with no batteries in the back (which I will have installed very shortly)

So what do you guys think is possible on two tens? Tell me and I'm going to try to beat that next time. Keep in mind I'll be running super stock with a wall.

So what do you guys think is possible on two tens? Tell me and I'm going to try to beat that next time. Keep in mind I'll be running super stock with a wall.
With some work I would say a 50 but it would have to be a pretty high frequency. When you're dealing with low cone area it's hard to get it to be loud and musical at the same time

Build the right box and those 10's should get you to a 150, but not in anything as big as you had yesterday. Try a stock class box, below the glass. I was doing high 149's with a pair of 10's and 3k in my old Blazer, no reason you can't do that in a wagon. I had maybe 50 hours into the box and the testing to see that number.

Amateur 1

---------

1. 137.8 Douglas Bolduc

2. 134.4 John Saulmer

3. 133.7 Michael Power

Amateur 2

---------

1. 143.8 Ryan Godin

2. 137.0 Rithy Chap

3. 136.9 Cody Peters

Stock 2

-------

1. 143.8 Nick Mcintyre

Super Stock 1

-------------

1. 159.6 Keith Fafard

2. 139.0 Joshua Rideout

Super Stock 2

-------------

1. 165.9 Mike Gladu

2. 158.1 Mike Travassos

3. 156.2 Mike Todd

Super Stock - No Wall

---------------------

1. 146.2 Derek Mcgregor

2. 146.2 Jon Amirault

3. 145.8 Mike Mattison

Pro Stock - Open

----------------

1. 144.6 Tim Clarke

No, it would be really hard to do anything bigger than that thing is. I picked the two largest enclosures you can make and stuck one on top of the other, but hey It got me some great bandwidth to get it low. This time I want to see just how high of a number I can get before the coils melt. The problem with not doing a wall in that car is that the cabin gain peaks at around 20hz, with a smaller peak at around 34hz, thats just too low to get a good number with tens without taking up a significant amount of airspace.

No, it would be really hard to do anything bigger than that thing is. I picked the two largest enclosures you can make and stuck one on top of the other, but hey It got me some great bandwidth to get it low. This time I want to see just how high of a number I can get before the coils melt. The problem with not doing a wall in that car is that the cabin gain peaks at around 20hz, with a smaller peak at around 34hz, thats just too low to get a good number with tens without taking up a significant amount of airspace.
This is probably due to tuning or phasing issues, and I doubt it reflects your true peak. Half wave of 20hz is @ 27 feet

Measure your cabin corner to corner (where the meter sits to furthest back corner) divide that by 1165 fps (speed of sound), then divide by 2 (half wave). This should be close to the target you want you peak.... The large SUV's generally peak in the high 40hz range.

I would say 150 is a good mark to shoot for. You will need to create a lot of sawdust to get there.

Where were you? I blew 2 of them. The one I showed up with in the box + the spare I took along "just in case".

Luckily I grabbed a couple 15's there to hold me over for the week until I get back home.
After all the big runs I ended up leaving at around 2:20 or so. Was starting to get hungry and didn't feel like sitting around watching everyone go through the lanes again lol. Might of felt like staying if I had my own vehicle there but since I was just spectating it got kinda boring

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.