RLP owners come in and help me out.

Colt9699
10+ year member

Rockstar
Erie Pa
I have a RLP 15d4 running of a Kenwood Kacx811d @ 2 ohms around 900 ish watts.

It seems it doesnt move much excursion wise, I was playing it near full tilt tonight playing The blues man chopped and screwed from Llyod.

So what I want to know is if you have an rlp 15, what kinda power are you throwing at it and does it get moving?

Am I overreacting because I think it sounds good but I just think it should be moving much more than it does.

SS says it has 25 mm xmax and should reach full excusion with 600-700 watts.

Also its in a ported enclosure tuned to 35 hz around 3.3 cubes.

Opinions please.

I run 2 off a SAZ-1500D and they get moving nicely and get plenty loud.

That 35Hz tune must sound like ass. I tried mine at 34Hz and hated it, NO bottom end or punch at all.

If all your settings are right I'd try a box at 30-32Hz. Best mix of SQL I found was 32Hz...

I was actully considering going sealed with it but am afraid I will lose all my output.

It sounds good just dont seem to be moving and I am afraid something is wrong, Im gonna break out the dmm tomorrow and check some stuff.

maybe I should just sell the **** thing and buy a 10" sub and runa sealed setup and ahve my whole back end back.........

I run 2 off a SAZ-1500D and they get moving nicely and get plenty loud.
That 35Hz tune must sound like ass. I tried mine at 34Hz and hated it, NO bottom end or punch at all.

If all your settings are right I'd try a box at 30-32Hz. Best mix of SQL I found was 32Hz...
I seriously hope that you don't think that changing from a 35 hz tuning to a 32 hz tuning makes a significant difference...

his is directly from Lloyds post about the song....

the first frequency is 37hz, then 49hz, then 55hz, then back down to 37hz...

I am satisfied with the sound but I think it should move more.I think it should have better output.

I watch all these vids from members and their subs move alot more than mine no matter size and power.

if you want movement, and i dont see why you'd care about how much it moves, the rl-p will probably have more excursion sealed on the lower notes. if you want output, stick to what you have and who gives a **** how much its moving.

I asked the same question in the SSA forums a year ago. It does seem like it should* move more. I had it in a 3.15ft^3@ 28Hz powered by a JL e1800d. In my case, all I had to do was turn the ssf off, but since it was a large investment for me, i played it safe by lowering the power to about 600 watts.

I have my RL-p15 in a 2.1 cuft. sealed now which is what I personally prefer.

I have my RL-p15 in a 2.1 cuft. sealed now which is what I personally prefer.

I think this is the route I am going.......

do you still have decent output going sealed and reducing the power to 600 watts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.