Reupholstering a sub?

chris_s1

Hello All!

New on the forums but not new to car audio. I'm a college age kid down in Miami, Fl, that does installs on the side as a little job, and i've had a few pretty awesome setups myself. I'm building my new setup and i've got some Pioneers I picked up off my brother for free from his old setup. They bump hard and work well, i've tested them. However, cosmetically, they aren't in fantastic shape. Any ideas on how to fix this? Can I paint over this? Replace it? Just trying to see if I can make these work, if i can't fix em i'll sell them and get different ones.

View attachment 26550992

sorry for the crappy picture, i'll take some new ones and update them in a few hours.

appreciate the help in advance, chris

very common to happen to those subs - just use them as is until they stop working. save cash for nice gear in the mean time.

no there is no way to actually fix the foam coming off of the surround like that unless you wish to recone the sub - but that sub is not worth the effort in my opinion - so just bump it hard till its completely wasted and save for new

Hello All!
New on the forums but not new to car audio. I'm a college age kid down in Miami, Fl, that does installs on the side as a little job, and i've had a few pretty awesome setups myself. I'm building my new setup and i've got some Pioneers I picked up off my brother for free from his old setup. They bump hard and work well, i've tested them. However, cosmetically, they aren't in fantastic shape. Any ideas on how to fix this? Can I paint over this? Replace it? Just trying to see if I can make these work, if i can't fix em i'll sell them and get different ones.

View attachment 26550992

sorry for the crappy picture, i'll take some new ones and update them in a few hours.

appreciate the help in advance, chris
What are some of these awesome setups?

I've seen Band-Aid type patches on a broken surround made by cutting pieces off another surround. It looks ugly as hell but the one I've seen done hangs at 160dB. I'd say the sub in the picture isn't really worth the effort unless you have another one that you want to try to cannibalize... and I'm not at liberty to say what kind of glue to use to do the patch. It's not my secret to share.

Didn't think it was worth it. Like I said, they were free. I was looking to see if there was any good idea that didn't cost much, the subs worth basically nothing. In my old audi I had 2 Rockford 15's in custom fiberglass boxes, JBL interior speakers and a pretty nice Pioneer head unit.

Didn't think it was worth it. Like I said, they were free. I was looking to see if there was any good idea that didn't cost much, the subs worth basically nothing. In my old audi I had 2 Rockford 15's in custom fiberglass boxes, JBL interior speakers and a pretty nice Pioneer head unit.
That sounds pretty awesome

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.