Replacement for Alpine PXA-H800

Participant count
  • Participant list

andeee

Hi all,

Seems like my H800 may be dying or at least it's not working properly anymore. I think the RCA ports for the tweeters is killing rca cables or something as one of them works and the other doesn't sometimes. Don't think it's the amplifier because I just replaced it. What would be suitable replacement for it? How are the Helix processors? The DSP .3 looks like a close match price wise, maybe worth stretching the budget to the Pro?

I had issues with my H800 as well....RCA issues and it seems the processing fails sometimes...can't really put my finger on exactly what's going on with it.

I'm replacing it with a Dayton DSP-408....it's a basic DSP but covers all of the bases except a center channel, which I won't be using anyway.

The h800’s have had some internal grounding issues if your handy with a soldering iron you can pop the case and go on the inside and touch up the grounds and it usually fixes the intermittent output issues .

Hmm, I'll give it a look. I bought it about 8yrs ago now, I guess when they were first around? Have They always had this problem? This only recently started happening.

Do you have any specific info on this? I wouldn't mind trying to fix mine. Thanks!
Anyone with soldering experience should be able someone that does basic electronics repairs could handle this . Mainly your just touching up a few cold solder joints around the rca outputs on the brain case . If there is a CB shop at a truck stop in the area they can do this type of work for cheap . It’s not really a bad part repair it’s just helping the connections get better contact .. it’s definitely worth trying before spending a lot of money.

Anyone with soldering experience should be able someone that does basic electronics repairs could handle this . Mainly your just touching up a few cold solder joints around the rca outputs on the brain case . If there is a CB shop at a truck stop in the area they can do this type of work for cheap . It’s not really a bad part repair it’s just helping the connections get better contact .. it’s definitely worth trying before spending a lot of money.
Thanks...I'll give it a shot this weekend. The RCA connections themselves on the H800 didn't impress me too much...half of them pulled right out of the unit when I removed RCAs.

Thanks...I'll give it a shot this weekend. The RCA connections themselves on the H800 didn't impress me too much...half of them pulled right out of the unit when I removed RCAs.
I’ve had amps do that .. if able upgrade the RCA’s to chassis mount style a far better connection . I don’t know how to add a link by phone but I photo shot what I’m talking about you can find these on search on eBay ..these are fairly cheap good reviews and would make a nice upgrade over the cheap Alpine factory RCA sockets
0E626251-D297-4A2E-BB91-60FD015D41FF.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.