Recommended electrical for ~4.5k?

Participant count
  • Participant list

akillj
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CA
Basically what the title says. What would you guys recommend for running two Q1.2200D's strapped? (Or equivalent wattage. Haven't decided on the amps yet, but most likely two of these or one 3500D)

I was thinking a Mechman 250A alt with two D3400's. Would this be enough? Or maybe the 370A version, if its worth it?

I think both of those batteries and the 250amp alt will be just fine. I run about the same power on my 130a alt, a D4700 up front and a D3100 in the rear. Still get voltage drop because of the small alt, but the batts seem to hold up alright.

I think both of those batteries and the 250amp alt will be just fine. I run about the same power on my 130a alt, a D4700 up front and a D3100 in the rear. Still get voltage drop because of the small alt, but the batts seem to hold up alright.
Alternators make power not batteries. Batteries only store what's available. If the alt is flooded the batteries don't have anything to store.

Alternators make power not batteries. Batteries only store what's available. If the alt is flooded the batteries don't have anything to store.
Which is why I said I still get voltage drop, But I'll still let it wang out at 12.5v...

Thanks guys. I'm thinking, based on the suggestions, maybe a 370A alt (Mechman or other) with a D3400 up front (Stock size) with two runs of 0 to the back on one or two D3100's?

300 amp alt and 3 d 3100's
I only have enough in the back to equal 1 3100 and I don't drop below 14v full tilt. XS isn't generic deka. One 3100 will run 5k easy in the back.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Thanks guys. I'm thinking, based on the suggestions, maybe a 370A alt (Mechman or other) with a D3400 up front (Stock size) with two runs of 0 to the back on one or two D3100's?
You only need 1 3100. Don't add weight and take up space if you don't have to. That would leave you room to add more power. A 3400 will be enough.

I only have enough in the back to equal 1 3100 and I don't drop below 14v full tilt. XS isn't generic deka. One 3100 will run 5k easy in the back. 

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

You only need 1 3100. Don't add weight and take up space if you don't have to. That would leave you room to add more power. A 3400 will be enough.
if you have a big alt yes ,butt i wouldn't go full tilt for long periods of time

I promise that will be plenty. My whole electrical consists of one 4700 and 3100. One run of pos, and one run of neg front to back, big 3 and my stock 130a alt. Powering my 450.1 isn't really all that bad. Like I said, mine WILL drop below 13 ALOT if I just let it rip and walk away. I'd love to get an alt wound up, but nobody wants to make me one except Tenny. And I'm not liking that route from what Ive seen of it.

The way you worded that was a little confusing to me, so you're saying a D3400 up front and a D3100 in the back will be good?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.