Recommend me some 6.5's to be run off my HU?

justafifteen
10+ year member

And that's the truth.
That are on the cheap side?

I'm just looking for some to replace my stock speakers, one of which is blown. I'm not planning on adding an amplifier, so just some that will run off of my HU's 17rms would be great. I'm not looking to spend any more than $40 or so for the pair, so I'm not sure whether to look for just coaxials, or low-rms comps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

yeah definitely stay on the cheap side if your running off the hu. You can check out ARCs new XXD line. Its supposed to be affordable and nice... I don't know if its THAT cheap though :p.

The eeny weeny amp in your HU won't impress most aftermarket gear. Odds are you'll be disappointed & wish you had your stock speakers back. If I were you, I know what I'd be asking Santa for Xmas.

Out of curiosity...How are stock speakers > than aftermarket on the same wattage input?
I don't think that was said by anyone. As is usually the case, it comes down to personal preference. Generally, a stock speaker will have a lower moving mass that'll translate to greater output & bass response. While the better built aftermarket speakers will likely have better clarity, they just won't have the juice to move like the stock speaker did on such low power.

$40 and running off HU, prob won't sound much better than your blown stock ones..
Right, I'll keep my blown speakers that are being held together with duct tape instead. It'll sound so much better! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I know that a lot of people here have awesome systems, and are very serious about it, but I'm not. I just want speakers that will sound good. I know that I could have gut-wrenching, deafening sound, but I don't feel like spending my whole paycheck on $300 subwoofers and $150 component speakers and amplifiers. Anything better than what was in my car from the factory will be music to my ears, literally.

Even when my speakers that I bought are running off of my HU, I don't crank the volume high enough to create a clipped signal, so I see no reason why they would sound bad at all.

At the point that I'm at in my life, I don't have the money for what people here would consider a "respectable" sound system, and I'm fine with that. When I have more money, and probably in a few years, of course I'm going to upgrade correctly and get good component speakers that are amped. But until then, I have more important things to spend my money on. I know this is a very serious website with a lot of audiophiles on it, but I think some people should calm down and realize I'm trying to improve my stock audio. I don't run in any competitions, show off to my friends, or brag that I have a $3,000 sub system running 4000wRMS @ .5 ohms. So, I really don't have a need for amped components right now.

I've read on this forum for quite some time now and have gained a lot of knowledge about how things work as far as the technical details of speakers etc. I know what I need for a good sound system, but like I said, that's not what my goal is right now. Music and sound is an extreme hobby of mine, but there are other things in my life I have to prioritize ahead of spending hundreds of dollars on a sound system in my car. Therefore, $40 coax's running off of my head unit will suit me just fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.