Re-doing an old build

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Ohio
A couple of years ago I did a budget build in my Subaru legacy. Not too long after that I picked up my new Wrangler and did a much nicer morel 3 way active build in that. I need to stop putting so many miles on my Jeep, so going to daily the legacy again for a while, decided to re-do the build. Still sort of budget, but big improvement on what's in there now.

Current build:
Pioneer AVH-221EX head unit
JBL GX608C front 2 way, passive
Focal RCX-165 coax in the rear
Pioneer TS-A2000 8 inch slim sub
Clarion XC2510 5 channel amp driving the full system

New build:

Head unit and speakers are staying the same for now.
Clarion 5 channel and JBL xovers coming out, and a Kenwood Excelon P-XR600-6DSP is being installed in its place. More power, and it'll let me drive the full system active with a full DSP. It also gives me pre-amps to process the sub.

When searching for a sub, I ran across a killer used deal locally on a sub amp combo that wasn't even on my radar. Rockford P3 12" sub paired with a P500 amp, for around half the price of that amp alone new. Rockford subs and amps never made my list because (like JL) they are super overpriced. But, I feel they make some decent stuff, so when you cut that price down, I feel this will be a decent little combo for the legacy build.

KnuKoncepts Kolosuss 1/0 will be run to the trunk, and 4 gauge will be split off and run to each amp.

The P3 is in a shitty little prefab currently, but I'll build a custom box for it when I get some time.

Parts showed up today, and some progress was made. Power was run under the vehicle into the trunk, ground was mounted, everything split down to the 4 gauge. Originally I had planned to mount both amps on the underside of the rear deck, but have realized there's nowhere for them there. I will have to come up with a new plan there, that'll happen tomorrow. New RCAs and speaker wires will hopefully also be run and everything hooked up tomorrow as well.

Thanks, yeah this one's usually the wife's daily though, so compromises must be made lol. I'll probably cut some screen to put in front of these and hide them in that trunk area.

I ordered another prefab for the p3. Cheap Q-power box that they don't officially say, but I'm pretty sure was built for the p3. Specs are literally dead on manufacturer specs. It's probably not the best quality, and it's tuned a bit high, but seeing as it's looking like I won't have a day off work for at least a few weeks, this will have to do for now. I can do the install and metal fab at work, but I can't do any of the woodwork until I get time off to do it at home.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...