rca question

Participant count
  • Participant list

liljojo4711
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
dallas
i have a mono amp and a 4 channel amp. i already have one set of rca's and obviously need another so i do i need a 4 channel rca or just another 2 channel? i want to use all 4 channels on the 4 channel amp so im guessing a 4 channel but i want to make sure im not spending extra money if i dont need to.

Oh sorry I misread and didn't notice you have a mono amp. You need 3 sets of rcas total. a "4 channel" RCA is just 2 sets in one package. 2 2 channel rcas = 1 4 channel.

You need 6 channels. How many do you have now? If you only have a 2 channel set, move those to the mono amp and buy a 4 channel set. You can get them pretty cheap on monoprice.com or eBay.

I say that not being familiar with that HU. Does it have 3 sets of preouts?

just getting everything i need ready. i want to order all the wires today. what i have is in my sig and i already have a 2 channel rca that im using from my hu to my mono amp right now. im not using my 4 channel amp yet and need to know what rca's i need. one amp will be on one side of my trunk and the other amp on the other side of the trunk. so im guessing a need 3 sets of 2 channel rca's?

ok, i think i see what u are saying. i need a 2 channel set for my mono amp and a 4 channel set for my 4 channel amp and all the connections are right there on the amp so the distance between the two amps doesnt matter. as for the hu, it does have 3 preouts...

just getting everything i need ready. i want to order all the wires today. what i have is in my sig and i already have a 2 channel rca that im using from my hu to my mono amp right now. im not using my 4 channel amp yet and need to know what rca's i need. one amp will be on one side of my trunk and the other amp on the other side of the trunk. so im guessing a need 3 sets of 2 channel rca's?
Bro.........

you can get 3 sets of 2 channel RCAs or you can get a 4 channel set and you already have the 2 channel set. You do realize that your 4 channel amp has 2 sets of inputs really close to eachother as does your HU. If your mono amp is on one side using the 2 channel set as it is now, that would in no way affect the 4 channel amp on the other side. Get 2 2 channel sets if it is cheaper. Otherwise a 4 channel set is just 2 2channel sets bonded together. It just makes the install look neater.

ok, i think i see what u are saying. i need a 2 channel set for my mono amp and a 4 channel set for my 4 channel amp and all the connections are right there on the amp so the distance between the two amps doesnt matter. as for the hu, it does have 3 preouts...
You said it before I did......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.