RARE Oldschool Memphis Mojo 15s (Orange 4 Spoke Basket!)

Deusle
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
SD SoCal
Item(s) for Sale:

(2) 15" Memphis Mojo D2's

9.25 net cuft @ 28hz enclosure designed and built myself

Item(s) Description/Condition:

One sub is 9/10 cosmetically, the other is 7/10 (blew the plastic memphis logo piece off the cone, but there's still a small dustcap underneath it.

Mechanically, 8.5/10

They both sound great still!

Currently hooked up to my home theater //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Memphis claims 1,000wrms per sub. (riiiight...)

I ran one of these off my 20.1 @ 1 ohm.

1800 CLEAN watts with NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER. (The dustcap wasnt even warm; and no stinky burnt voice coil smell)

After I built the enclosure, I threw both of the subs in series for a 2 ohm final load on the 20.1 (900w)

I really wish that I would have got this metered.

It cracked the windshield in my friends minivan! (temp vehicle just to test the box)

The flex in the vehicle that these woofers produced was absolutely ridiculous!

Every video I posted on YouTube was off a cell phone so it picked up about 10% of the actual flex.

The box is fully braced, made 100% from Russian birch plywood (11/16th's thickness)

This plywood is laminated on one side. The laminated sides are what the subs "see" to make the box much more efficient, as well as dramatically improving the reflection of the sound waves internally.

The corners also are 45'd

DIMENSIONS:

48" wide

27" deep

24" tall

Click for a complete craigslist ad that I tried posting multiple times (which apparently had too many characters so it never showed up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif)

So I figured these subs would be better off in a new, reputable, home.

Price:

Id rather not split these up..

But if I absolutely have to, I could do 300 + shipping each

675 local pickup in the box as is

Item Pictures:

Monsters!

bothontop.jpg

Starting the project.

intheworks.jpg

45s in the corners and a view of my 2x4 baffle method. Also the bracing in the 46" long port. (iirc)

45srh.jpg

The vertical bracing attaches to the square 2x4 baffle that each sub screws into.

bracing.jpg

Complete!

mojoangle.jpg

Voilà!

mojiz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone find the sensitivity on these bad boys? I'm guessing somewhere in the mid to high 90s.

I think they're the 2002(?) models.

First gen original Mojo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.