radio wont sound

Participant count
  • Participant list
so i bought my truck with a aftermarket radio poorly installed it has thick cables throughout the car as if it had a aftermarket sistem installed at one point also has 4 screens that didnt work i pulled it out and saw nothing but black tape semi over the cables i went to the battery and made a mistake axidently touched both posts on the batt with the tool i fixed the fuses and made it run again but no sound from the radio what is going on?!?!? can some1 help

so i bought my truck with a aftermarket radio poorly installed it has thick cables throughout the car as if it had a aftermarket sistem installed at one point also has 4 screens that didnt work i pulled it out and saw nothing but black tape semi over the cables i went to the battery and made a mistake axidently touched both posts on the batt with the tool i fixed the fuses and made it run again but no sound from the radio what is going on?!?!? can some1 help
just wild guess could be they had an amp wired to radio (we call those hu) to power the speakers and when they pulled amp they didn't re wire speakers to the hu.. either way could just be speakers unhooked or amp on hu is fried or they coulda removed all the speakers..

What yr. Tahoe? Can you get some pics? Was there any aftermarket amps installed and previous owner pulled them out before selling vehicle?

im not selling im trying to fix it and it has aftermarket radio in fact its conected to the ignition and still has a aftermarket fuse to the battery but its broken yet there is no amp installed ??

it still has a fuse to the battery yet no hu installed that fuse is out allong with some other black fuses in the fuse box but they are not broken just black does this matter?

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

06 chevy tahoe

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

i mean 2004 chevy tahoe

Hu shouldn't be hooked up to the ignition. Those two big black wires/harnesses you described earlier are from the factory radio/cd player.

Might need to go into Hu and turn on the HU amps' internal power.

Start from scratch...remove all the wiring, carefully/perhaps disconnect the battery so you don't have more problems, and start again. If you're worried about or know the wiring is wrong why screw around with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

angelstahoe1

angelstahoe1
porterville ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Kai Winters