Questions about multiple batteries

brybry354
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Hey I already have two 8" kicker L7s and a 1000 watt kicker amp hooked up to a my yellow top optima battery. The subs put out 400rms a piece. I need to know if my yellow top optima will handle adding a hifonics Brutus 1200 watt amp plus 2 more 10" kicker CVRs putting out 400rms a piece. Do you think my battery can handler everything or do I need a new battery? Or could I add a capacitor and be okay? Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/iagree.gif.15d6c075ee8d3913ba26866d06993068.gif I would never recomend mixing sized of subwoofers...in lamens terms the sound waves will not match up properly without some expert tuning and postioning. Having said that, with the amount of power your attempting to achieve you will not be able to do it with you current set up. Here is what you need. Forget the cap, its worthless to you, do a big 3 upgrade on your wiring if you havent already and look into a higher amp alt before multiple batteries. If you are hell bent on multiple batteries try and make them the same brand at the least, same battery if possible, I could explain why but just trust me.

Well this adds a new question, the 8s are gonna stay...so could I add 2 more 8s and wire them to the same amp?

Haha just help a noob out. I wanna add more bump to my system and all I have is the 2 8" l7s

Why would adding 2 10" subs make it sound bad? Or should I go with 2 8" subs? And if so do I need another battery?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.