Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

LazyRider
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Internet
I made a post a while ago about saving up to put a system in my gran marquis. I have decided to get one 12" Type-R for sure. And most likely this HU:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19221

And now I'm thinking I should probably change out the front speakers as well so my question is will I need to get two amps to power all this (1 for the sub and 1 for the speakers) or can I just get one that will handle both the speakers and the sub.

Yes, you'll need and want two amps.

Just for further notice and suggestion, put what you're asking in the thread title. I couldn't care less if you have a question because I can't be bothered to investigate. Just makes your thread get more responses. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Generally you have a mono amplifier to power your subwoofers ( or multichannel amp bridged ). If you were to upgrade to a decent pair of component speakers ( speakers that come with a mid bass woofer and tweeter separate ) then you would usually get a 2 channel or greater amplifier to power those separately. If you want a simple upgrade over stock front speakers especially without remounting or modifying to fit components then i suggest finding what size your front speakers are and replace those with an after market coaxial speaker and run off head unit power ( 20 rms per speaker ).

I'm really liking the idea of getting some component speakers for my front door because it seems like I'll get much better sound quality that way and that's what I'm looking for. So if I get a decent pair of component speakers for my front with a nice amp and a Type-R for my sub I should have a pretty good setup right? And is the HU I picked out good for what I'm going for so far? Thanks for all the help you guys have been really helpful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.