question about my setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

brybry354
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
I have two 8" Kicker L7s in a ported box along with a KickerZX1000.1D mono amp underneath the backseat of my 2005 Chevy Silverado Crewcab 1500LS. Boxes with good depth are hard to come by for my truck, especially to fit solo-barics.

Anyways i was looking to add some more bass in my truck by adding another sub or subs BEHIND my backseat. I was going to add 2 10" KickerCVRs but many people said that was a bad idea. I would like to add 2 more 10" or 12" Solo Barics. My question is, would it be okay to do that, or do i need to have all 8" subs, and does it matter if they are all L7s or will it be fine as long as its a solo-baric?

basicallly i want more bass BEHIND the back of my seat, and i am keeping the 8's under my seat.

thanks for any advice, i could really use some help, im new and id like to make a pretty nice STEALTHY system haha.

Mixing sub sizes isn't really a good idea. Can you fit a pair of tens under the back seat? Maybe look into a pair of SA or Skar ten's with a 1500-1800 watt amp. Talk to one of the box builders on here and see what they can do for you.

yeah there are a lot of phase issues with mixing sub sizes. unless you put them on seperate amps, with seperate boxes, and know the peaks of your vehicle and how the subs will react together in that enviornment, you should stick with one size sub.

I would run all the same sized subs,at the same power level, to keep all within the same frequency.That way you dont have a mixed bass level of sound,especially with the kickers.I recommend using the same sub in the same vehicle, and dont mix and match to keep the bass at the same sound per say/levels/hitting the same.My opinion.Though I have in the past mixed subs, on seperate amps, 4 dvc 10@2ohms, and 2svc @4ohms kinda used for mid bass @ a higher hertz,sounded alright.But, limited space, as you have mixing would not sound rt as the space for like a tahoe,without room to travel.

well, the way i see it, you can do one more matching 8, or a better box (you said crew cab, right?) i have seen a pretty awesome box for 2 of those in your truck. i have a feeling yours are down-firing sealed, which is pretty much defeating the point of those subs. you have the power to push 3 of them, but 2 would suffice if you cannot get the space. foreward firing, passenger side ported "large enclosure" tuned to 38-42hz and you would be amazed. port area @ 12in per cu.

it works ok, but that means you also loose the displacement under the box that you need to clearance the front of the divers. it's just that it gives a lot more available displacement when you are on a space budget, if you can get away with firing them in open space instead.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.