question about control and flex

taintedplay
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
dallas
ok i got my system in, only three questions left. car is ford expedition 1997

first off, when i got my bass control meter (the one aq provides) i didnt get a cord with it. i tried a simple phone cord but the controller didnt get power. is it a special cord?

also, im getting mucho rattling on the windows outside, but im getting a new car in like 4 months so im not deadening this one, just to get rid of it. so, im trying to go cheap but fix some rattles. the back two windows are the worst, they origionally pivot out, but i never use them, so i was thinking i could caulk them shut. good idea?

also the back window, but i want to retain function of that. maybe foam tape around the inside edge?

You need a 6 conductor phone line for the AQ bass remote. As for the rattles try random things to fix the rattles if your not going to use deadening.. Expansion foam works well but very messy if used excessively. Use the minimal expansion one. And the foam tape may just work . Just have to play around with things while your bumping a little and see what takes away the rattles.

im guessing i can get one of those at radioshack? or frys? and also, expansion foam? im trying to make this clean if possible, since it will be visible from outside. and has to be black (since the frame around the window is black) so would caulk not work?

Caulk would be a bad idea it would be a mess and the window wouldnt work and people would easily see caulk in the window Try the tape first if i was you just seems like the best trick if not that the expanding stuff And be careful lol If the do anything other than the tape the resale value will go down big time

well i dont care about the back window not working (it only opens about 2 inches my swiveling) also, i problabbly will be giving it to my friend so resale value doesent matter. ill try the tape first

ok figured some stuff out. put foam tape on the back windows and that helped ALOT. so the windows are ok. BUT, realized the big rattle was the back door and back door window. even if the windows open, ie not touching anything to rattle too, it still rattles, so i realized its the doors sheet metal or something like that. so im thinking of deadining just the back door. any thoughts?

kk i just played it again and really got close and listened. def the sheet metal. so im going to deaden it. how many sq feet do you think that is?

Go to Lowe's

Buy Peel n Seal

Cheap, and in mass it's effective

Just put a coupla sheets on until you're happy, since it's just temp

The Second Skin is also an idea, but you're gonna have to guess on the sq footage and even at that, it's fairly expensive.

Go to Lowe's
Buy Peel n Seal

Cheap, and in mass it's effective

Just put a coupla sheets on until you're happy, since it's just temp

The Second Skin is also an idea, but you're gonna have to guess on the sq footage and even at that, it's fairly expensive.
so just get some peel n seal since its cheap and only has to last a few months? ok. will do. also, i got big sheets of 3/4ths inch thick home insulation foam board, you think a layer between the door and my box would help?

so just get some peel n seal since its cheap and only has to last a few months? ok. will do. also, i got big sheets of 3/4ths inch thick home insulation foam board, you think a layer between the door and my box would help?
Before you actually buy the peel n seal, listen fora few more ideas from other members. Someone probably has a better idea, as usual.

The insulation foam board might help, but probably not. Are you talking about shoving it between your sub box and the rear hatch panel? Try it, what could it hurt to try? Just literally three minutes of your time if that, but I dont think it will solve anything. You need a barrier between the panel and the skin of the metal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.