PS8 - General Guidance

Participant count
  • Participant list

fly_marlin

CarAudio.com Elite
So after initially playing with the PS8 in standard mode, I'm at a point where I need some help. First, a few problems:

1. Alternator whine that previously didn't exist - Arc support suggested I run a wire from PS8 signal ground to chassis of the HU. Hoping this fixes it.

2. Can't get the PS8 to connect to the software consistently. Each time I have to repeatedly take out and put the USB cable back into the PC. Eventually it works.

More generally, I need help with this:

1. To center the front stage in front of me, should I not delay the left speakers? Doing so didn't do the trick, but delaying the right side seemed to work pretty well, though it seems that my left ear is hearing most of the music...could be just me though.

2. What adjustments do I do to bring the stage up and out toward me? I'm guessing this has to be done via EQ and with higher frequencies, not sure which though.

Thank you!

I'm running passive. Can't figure out if my x-overs can do active. Hate to not use them, cost me like $300 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Didn't think I'd get a DSP back then. Anyway, can't I still just do this on the left side? You're saying turn down everything at and above 3.5 kHz?

Do you know how to bring the stage up and forward toward me?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.